★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iCoatl

09-20-2010, 08:41 PM
iCoatl

I just grabbed it but it looks like a very cool hybrid of a line drawer and a snake game! It used to go by the name, Serpientes, but it has had a graphic overhaul, had cool new elements added, and is now universal.

The basics:

Using tilt controls you guide the snake from one pyramid to its matching counter part without running into your own previous pyramid connecting paths. So while any level starts off easy enough, once you already have a few meandering connecting paths on the map it will get a lot harder to plot your next path without bumping into stuff.

I will post more impressions soon.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-13-2010, 06:34 PM
It's back!

Here's my iTunes review that briefly touches on the current update as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My iTunes Review
It now has Game Center support, tracks local scores, and has a better scoring system that rewards a player for both being quick and efficient with your connecting paths.

This game takes the classic snake model and takes it to wacky weird new places. Using the tilt controls you want to have your snake take a direct as possible route his designated pyramid and then you'll be teleported to a new pyramid to do it all over again. A simple enough concept until you realize that while making these connecting paths you must not cross any of the previous paths you've made on the level! With tight time constraints you'll soon find yourself working up a sweat trying to make these connections without bumping your previous runs (the best of Operation and the old Snake game)!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Today iCoatl is free !!!

Hi all !!!

I just want to tell you that iCoatl is free today !! :-) :-)

http://itun.es/iFw8dg

Go and get it !!
Cheers !!
iCoatl development team !
03-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Pyramid thing! The old ,authentic, ancient and mysterious historical background is one highlight,I think!