★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iOS game with the best graphics

09-21-2010, 05:39 PM
iOS game with the best graphics

Aside from Epic Citadel, which iOS game, in your opinion, has the best graphics?
09-21-2010, 07:51 PM
I've been playing Mirror's Edge and it rocks! Great graphics and sound.

@canadu
Gamecenter: canadu

09-21-2010, 08:08 PM
If you mean 3D games, my vote goes to Real Racing. Many gameloft games are great too but the lack of solid framerates sometimes give my headache.

iPad: First generation without wings.
09-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadu View Post
I've been playing Mirror's Edge and it rocks! Great graphics and sound.
Yeah, Mirror's Edge definitely ranks in the top 10, or top 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyunreal View Post
If you mean 3D games, my vote goes to Real Racing. Many gameloft games are great too but the lack of solid framerates sometimes give my headache.
My buy finger has been hovering over that game for about a month now. How is the sense of speed in Real Racing?
09-21-2010, 08:31 PM
The game of LIFE 3D WHOA! Jk, from what I have I think I was impressed with first Rolando, Eliminate, then GT Academy, Plunderland, Happy Fight, and now I've been into the whole retro look lately so not sure if that counts, but Incident, Super Worm, and Solipskier which isn't 8bit but borderline I guess.

I think I'm enjoying the wave of retro titles lately because it's filling the gaps of games I played as a kid. In the sense that, back then the ideas were there but the technology wasn't. Now we are seeing that old school look/simple gameplay but the graphic details are fleshed out a lot more. Back in the day you would get so used to how NES games would recycle backgrounds, or objects that you could point out patterns.
09-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsharpfilm View Post
My buy finger has been hovering over that game for about a month now. How is the sense of speed in Real Racing?
Not so good. I really didn't like Real Racing, it looks good, and that's about it. To me it feels less like a game and more like a tech demo, it just lacks any sort of substance, and isn't fun to play.

For me, anyways.

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten
09-21-2010, 09:20 PM
I'd say Mirror's Edge, Zombie Flick, Backbreaker, Need for Speed, Snake Galaxy, Zen Bound (1 & 2)... and a lot of the newer Gameloft games look amazing as well.

And for the nice looking 8-bit or 16-bit games, I'd say Canabalt (of course), Solipskier, The Incident, Pizza Boy, Super Worm, and Sonic (if that counts ;b)

Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live/Tapulous: DrMonkey
Game-Center: DrMonkeyDude (someone stole my regular username )

Last edited by DrMonkey; 09-21-2010 at 09:22 PM.
09-21-2010, 09:30 PM
all of the illusion labs games are stunning.

the subtle 3d effect in labyrinth 2 is absolutly amazing to me. gives the screen an illusion of depth that i think is nothing short of incredible. fooseball has a similar visual style to the labyrinth games...not quite as dramatic because the playing field never tilts but still really pretty...especially when the ball gets up in the air. touchgrind and sway are also serious eye candy. all are really great games as well.

labyrinth 2 gets my vote. i'm sure there are more powerful examples of graphics but the subtle beauty of this game is awesome.

GameCenter = McCREE

*please, no more RR3 friend requests*
09-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmar9333 View Post
Not so good. I really didn't like Real Racing, it looks good, and that's about it. To me it feels less like a game and more like a tech demo, it just lacks any sort of substance, and isn't fun to play.

For me, anyways.
That's what I've heard. A lot of complaints about boring level design too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMonkey View Post
Zombie Flick
Just picked up Zombie Flick.

Quote:
Zen Bound (1 & 2)
Zen Bound 2 has to rank in the top 5. The textures, shadows, and rope physics are nothing short of stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCREE View Post
all of the illusion labs games are stunning.

the subtle 3d effect in labyrinth 2 is absolutly amazing to me. gives the screen an illusion of depth that i think is nothing short of incredible.
That's another game I've kind of wanted, but have been hesitant about getting. $5 seems kind of steep (by app store standards) for a labyrinth game.
09-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsharpfilm View Post

That's another game I've kind of wanted, but have been hesitant about getting. $5 seems kind of steep (by app store standards) for a labyrinth game.
for THE labyrinth game.

no, i understand. there are games i'm more than willing to pay $5 for...and in retrospect, i'm not sure this one should have been one of them. that being said, now that i have it, i'm happy i do. i'm not sure if it will see regular playing, but it does have a TON of replay value with all the user generated content and there was a GC update today i think. it is stunningly beautiful...and there is a lite version if you just want to check it out. i definitely suggest it. $5 is relatively steep...but you definitely get what you pay for. very polished.

GameCenter = McCREE

*please, no more RR3 friend requests*