★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Roy O Shea
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.7 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Classic 2d platforming action. You are on safari with only your trusty hammers to defend against tigers, snakes and crocodiles. Jump and hammer your way through each area in classic platforming style. Simplified controls and difficulty level make the game fun and easy to play.

Features:
- A combination of classic platform jumping and hammer action.
- Smooth horizontally scrolling levels.
- Cute anime / cartoon style graphics & music.
- Simple control system for left & right hand players.
- Smooth parallax scrolling backgrounds.

Instructions:
To move touch around the control overlay.
To hammer tap the centre of the control overlay.
Audio cues can alert you to approaching enemies.
09-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Any TOFTTers?

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
09-22-2010, 02:33 AM
Humm, strange choice of screen orientation for a platformer.
It looks better on video than on screenshots.

I might be tempted for a buck.
09-22-2010, 03:11 AM
you only see the enemy when its almost too late!? Hugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me
09-30-2010, 06:34 AM
New and Noteworthy in the UK!

Invaders Must Die.
09-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Bought this about a week ago cause I love platformers and I like how this one looked. Everything I'm about to say is based off of about two ten minute game run throughs (multiple deaths both times) in the first stage (no idea how much actual content is in it, I kept on dying).

The controls aren't too bad once you figure out that to actually move, you have to press the outside right or left side, not tilt the control stick.

The game wouldn't be too bad, except when a poster above grumbled about not being able to see an enemy, that's seriously the case. You walk to the right, jump when necessary, break blocks to advance, hit enemies with your hammer -all standard platforming fare, but when you come to an enemy, there's not enough time to stop without walking into them, losing health and points. You could chose to walk, stop, walk, stop, walk, stop, oh no an enemy, hit with hammer, walk stop, jump, etc, but that's kinda annoying.

It's not a bad game for a buck, it looks good, sound wasn't too bad from my play through, but it's not fantastic. A horizontal screen layout would have done this game a world or good. Also, not having an all-in-one control would have benefited it as well.