★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bootant LLC
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 48.3 MB
  • Version: 1.3.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Victory Day HD is a fun side-scrolling shooting game! In Victory Day HD, you play as a Soviet or as an American soldier during WW2. Your soldier is heroically fighting hordes of Nazis. He has to defeat all enemies, he has to destroy Nazi leadership and to liberate the world from the Nazis.

Some of the features of our game:

- awesome graphics on top of our 3D game engine
- very intuitive touch controls
- 12 levels in different environments
- 2 gameplay modes
- number of different enemies (including nazi zombies)
- awesome bosses (including a robot tank)
- range of weapons from a pistol to a flamethrower and RPG
- simple and very fun gameplay

Enjoy Victory Day HD!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

09-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Glad to see this is out. I will have to think about this one.

09-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the code. The art work is fantastic and the game looks beautiful. Controls are great and are placed perfectly on the iPad.

I have only played through four levels but I am very impressed.
09-22-2010, 09:52 AM
@BazookaTime

You got a code already?

So you really like it? How is the gameplay?

I've been watching this one too!

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!
09-22-2010, 09:55 AM
I really enjoyed the iphone version, but I would like to know what are the major differences btw them apart from the graphics?
09-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecwrtr View Post
You got a code already?

So you really like it? How is the gameplay?

I've been watching this one too!
Yes, I like it. Gameplay is moving your character around the screen but ultimately to the right to reach the end of the level. There are health and weapon drops to help you along the way.

You can cycle through your weapons depending on what your ammo supply is. If you are out of ammo, you revert back to using a hammer to bash the ememies.

Art work is amazing.
09-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the info! Even if it's just like the iPhone version, I'd like to have the better graphics. Do you happen to know if there is anything new?

It looks pretty, but I hate double-dipping....but I love the HD versions....aarrgghh!

09-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Great game on the iPhone. Would love to have the HD version as well for the iPad but I have bought so much lately. Hopefully someone with the game can confirm of anything besides graphics that are different.

Game Center ID: Snooptalian
09-22-2010, 10:31 AM
I have ever game that Bootant has ever developed. I know most of them have been made into universal versions so I will wait and see.

Update:

OK I couldn't wait downloaded the game, looks Great on my Ipad. Whoever does the Art Work has done a fantastic job worth the HD price.

Last edited by Rad; 09-22-2010 at 10:36 PM.
09-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Game Impressions

Well, so far I'm loving the game. It looks SO much better on the iPad's big screen. The graphics are crisp and awesome - no fuzziness at all. The gameplay seems to mimic the Iphone's. I've made it to level 4.

You have the second character (the American) like you do in the iPhone version. I've been playing him.

I've had no crashing or glitches, and the gameplay is awesome. It would be nice to have more ammo, but I guess I'll just practice more.

Also, the controls are very intuitive and smooth. I like them more on the iPad because with the extra space I'm less likely to tap the wrong thing.

If you're looking for a good side-scrolling/beat the crap out of the bad guys game, I strongly recommend this one.

Last edited by tecwrtr; 09-22-2010 at 12:01 PM.