★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Squazzle is a square-shaped tiles sliding puzzle game. How fast can you put the tiles in order? Free play and Challenge modes. You can choose pictures from gallery included in the game, your photo albums or photo taken by the camera. OpenFeint powered LeaderBoards and Achievements, compare your times and number of moves with the others from around the world or your friends.

misoba's comments:
All 4 slide puzzle apps finally released! Looking for testers.

- OpenFeint powered leaderboards and achievements
- free play and challenge modes
- you can choose pictures from gallery included in the game, your photo albums or photo taken by the camera

4 apps - 4 shapes
Buzzle Puzzle - hexagon, easy
Squazzle Puzzle - square, classic/medium
Dizzle Puzzle - diamond, hard
Trizzle Puzzle - equilateral triangle, tricky (hard to learn, easy later)

09-23-2010, 09:32 PM
If you like sliding block puzzles, these are well done. As mentioned, Squazzle is your typical square, which we've all played. Buzzle is a nice hexagon shape, perhaps making it a little easier to solve, but as the puzzle itself isn't in a square shape, you do need to figure out how to slide pieces around a bit more. Dizzle is a diamond, and the puzzle itself is obviously not square. This also does make it more difficult to solve. Trizzle is a triangle and I thought that one was quite fun. They are all similar in gameplay. I do like how you can use your own pictures as the basis for any of the puzzles. I took a picture of the keyboard, and that was fun to put together. It also shows you an inset of what you are trying to solve, and does have a hint system, which basically tells you the order of the tiles. I think adding the ability to play your music would be great, and also being presented with the option to pick a photo when you select "Free Play" would be good ideas. Overall, very nicely done.

09-23-2010, 09:35 PM
I see the potential in this, but I can't help but feel like they should all be part of a single app. Most people don't like apps taking up their springboard.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
09-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Maybe worth a look if all these were in one app.

It can't be that hard to just implement all these ideas for "puzzles" into one simple app.
09-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Agree - had asked the question before, but they planned for separate apps. They are nicely done, but a bundle does make more sense to me as well.
09-24-2010, 01:56 AM
Your wish is our inspiration :)

"Most people don't like apps taking up their springboard"
- I don't think it's a big deal, this is what I do to make them look good together, not taking much space:

"Should all be part of a single app"
- more shapes idea came when Buzzle was already in approval process, so this is what we did, kinda had no other option
- this year, there is one more sliding Puzzle app to come in this style (R-Trizzle - right triangles).
- I've got other shapes ideas too, need to test them yet...
- we made this decision today: next year, we'll put them together in one app with retina and iPad support. Got any ideas for a cool name for the bundle? Any other ideas?

If price $4 for all 4 apps is a problem:
- I wish there was an option in App store to bundle these 4 apps together for $1
- if anybody's really interested, hit me up with a private message, there are some promo codes left
- keep in mind, that following four Sundays these apps go FREE for one day one-by-one:

BUZZLE FREE SUNDAY - September 26, 2010
SQUAZZLE FREE SUNDAY - October 3, 2010
DIZZLE FREE SUNDAY - October 10, 2010
TRIZZLE FREE SUNDAY - October 17, 2010
10-20-2010, 11:14 PM
More little things to come: There should definitly be a save button. That is for sure. I was playing, and then I had to go somewhere. I had to start over when I got back Somehow find a way to let it save. Also, this will not help us, but will discourage the cheaters. Make it count how many times you used the cheat button? OR maybe add 10 to the blocks moved everytime you cheat? Something like that.

-Alex

-Alex
10-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Graal View Post
More little things to come: There should definitly be a save button. That is for sure. I was playing, and then I had to go somewhere. I had to start over when I got back Somehow find a way to let it save. Also, this will not help us, but will discourage the cheaters. Make it count how many times you used the cheat button? OR maybe add 10 to the blocks moved everytime you cheat? Something like that.
-Alex
Thanks for your thoughts.
Save button is not the way, the app could save it's state "on the fly", but since there is iOS4 with multitasking, it solves the problem for me. Sorry, no saving for 2G iPhones and iPod touches for now...
03-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Shuffled Art

We kept our promise and all 4 apps are now combined into one.

Buzzle+Squazzle+Dizzle+Trizzle+1 more shape+story+cool characters+nice music+retina & iPad support = Shuffled Art

Shuffled Art is $1, Shuffled Art HD (iPad) comming out next week is $2.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=86023

Enjoy
03-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Shuffle art is definitely an improvement. The story mode is nice, and overall it's impressive. One thing though is that you start out with one mode and need to unlock other modes. The difficulty of the game makes it hard to progress easily. I'm not sure how this could be balanced (since I like the idea of unlocking) but there should be a way to do puzzles with the other shapes easier.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread