★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 4/5 stars "Fresh take on the puzzle-RPG hybrid, nicely pitched humour, plenty of content" - Gamezebo.com

4/5 stars- "I rarely pay for a game I review, but I bought Knightfall: Death and Taxes for $4.99. Yes, thats how much I liked it."- www.avault.com

Knightfall: Death and Taxes offers 2 free stages to get you started on a thrilling puzzle adventure. Choose to upgrade your adventure with either The Noble Quests Pack and The Rewards of Bravery Pack, or become fully immersed in the world of Knightfall with the Every Honour Pack.

Thieves have stolen all of Knight and Princess' wealth, leaving them in thrall to the kingdoms mysterious "Taxman"! Play more than 100 stages of addictive puzzles as you drill through blocks and rotate the stage to escape each room. Visit the village shops for armor, magic, potions and more! It's a thrilling puzzle adventure of monsters, marriage and money in Knightfall: Death and Taxes!

Features:
Play as both Knight and Princess, each with unique abilities!
Face off against dozens of fearsome foes and all new bosses!
Defeat enemies to gain new abilities like projectiles and healing powers!
Puzzle through over 100 stages in Story Mode!
Visit the village shops for new armor, magic, potions and more!
09-22-2010, 05:30 AM
Looks good - but free? IAP, maybe?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

09-22-2010, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Looks good - but free? IAP, maybe?
Must be. Namco does that pretty regularly.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
09-22-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Must be. Namco does that pretty regularly.
What is an IAP?
09-22-2010, 06:02 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange View Post
What is an IAP?
In App Purchase, which I'm hoping this doesn't have

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
09-22-2010, 06:28 AM
Anyone checked it out yet? How big's the filesize, BTW?

edit: Ok, found filesize... approx. 86mb...

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 09-22-2010 at 07:06 AM.
09-22-2010, 07:51 AM
This looks good, hopefully it's not the type of freemium game where you need the IAP for the game to be fun.
09-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
This looks good, hopefully it's not the type of freemium game where you need the IAP for the game to be fun.
If it turns out to be the same price as the average game of this quality then it's better than clogging up the app store with a lite and a full version.
09-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Too bad it looks like it no longer has the pretty graphic style they teased us with in the previews.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=66799
09-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Too bad it looks like it no longer has the pretty graphic style they teased us with in the previews.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=66799
Thanks for the memory spark. I remember this now. I really liked the trailer but it seems gameplay is different than that.

But I too worry about free right now. Like they say if it seems too good to be true it usually is - so - waiting to see what IAP there are since there is no doubt there will be some I am sure. If this is the "lite" and you can unlock the "full" game with one set purchase then fine, but a pay to play would be a deal breaker.