Etolis: Arena - Update Discussion
Etolis: Arena is now being published by Chillingo!
Etolis: Arena is looking and playing awesome and is Universal. Price will be $1.99. Post launch updates in progress—Adding a new level, a new game mode, and other playable characters with their own special abilities.
App Name: Etolis: Arena
Launch Date: Early February.
Company: Facet Studios LLC
Company URL: http://www.facetstudios.com
Etolis: Arena is a crazy action packed survival dual stick shooter where you, as a skilled soldier, fight waves of the Queen's forces on 6 different maps with 10 weapon types. Earn honor through killing enemies and gain points from the Queen to expand your arsenal. Basic survival includes 3 waves in a round and endless rounds and increasingly difficult enemies. Other available game modes are Dronez, Rockets, and Hammers. Etolis: Arena also includes 4 special abilities (invisibility, invincibility, self explosion, and endless ammo) from which you can choose when starting a game. Play 5 rounds on a map and gain access to secrets about the invasion and what really lies beneath the surface of Etolis. Etolis: Arena also helps to set the stage for the campaign experience coming in 2011.
The planet Etolis was hit with a surprise attack by an invading army known as the Kraven who are led under the command of their Queen, Natus. As part of an emergency force sent by the UFA (United Front Alliance) to restore peace, you found yourself overwhelmed an undermanned. In part of a last ditch effort you provided suicidal cover to allow the last of a few citizens to escape at a Spacecab location and were consequentially captured. While consigned to your imminent execution by your captors, you were approached by an Artificial Intelligence Droid known as the Mediator. As the Queen's right hand robot, the Mediator controls the Arena which you have been assigned to fight in because of its entertainment and training value for the Queen's forces. While none usually survive the first wave, you know the Mediator has miscalculated you.
It is still a mystery as to why the Queen attacked Etolis, but initial reports indicated the Kraven demanded the surrender of a fugitive which had taken refuge on the planet. A large scale invasion seemed far fetched by the planetary council at the time so full defense preparations were not undertaken. Nevertheless, the invasion did occur and the planet quickly fell. While not circulated openly, inside information has indicated that scientists on Etolis had found something never seen before inside the planet which was blocked from surface scanning. Whatever it is appears to be generating/consuming energy on an enormous scale never seen before. It is currently believed that this is the main reason for the Kraven invasion.
- Survival: Fight waves (3 each round) of the Queen's forces in infinite rounds.
- Dronez: Endless waves of drones in a single round and infinite small arms ammo
- Rockets: 1 round, 5 waves, tons o rockets.
- Hammers: 1 round, 5 waves, and one powerful hammer.
- Stunning Retina Display HD Graphics and Effects
- Battle for survival on 6 different maps
- Use 7 different weapons and 3 grenade/mine types to destroy your enemies
- Battle against 12 different enemy types
- Use 1 of 4 temporary special abilities for those emergency moments (invisibility, invincibility, self explosion, and endless ammo)
- Sprint to safety at anytime
- 3 Different Difficulty Modes
- Walls baby, walls ...
- Auto-Aiming (optional)
- Dynamic Camera for closest visual experience (optional)
- Destructible Environments
- Unlock secret data about the invasion as you play in different locations
- Crystal and Game Center Leader boards and Achievements
- Epic Music and Sound Effects
- More maps
- More game modes
- More guns
- Other things we'd like to tell you about but can't yet ...
Not recommended for first generation devices.
Last edited by frankthe2nd; 01-21-2011 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: Game launching in 2 weeks and published by Chillingo!