★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Greats: The War of Reversi by Wisetap

09-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Greats: The War of Reversi

iTunes Link http://bit.ly/wisetapGreats

Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/wisetapGame

Be a fan of us http://on.fb.me/wisetapGame

Last edited by wisetap; 12-29-2010 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Price changed
09-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Wow a twist on one of my faves. Looks quite intriguing.

Edit: Rather than double posting I wanted to add some impressions since of course I couldn't resist. The game is a unique take on the Reversi / Othello board game. It adds a new dimension in that there are a series of opponents you must face and beat. It plays well albeit a little laggy and has a bit of a lack of direction. The description mentions levels of difficulty based on your opponent but since it doesn't explain the level of your opponent (from what I can see) you might end up playing backwards. I chose one character to be without really knowing what would be any advantage or disadvantage to playing that character at the time and can choose any of the other leaders. I think it would be more effective and more fun if you had a progression of opponents to unlock. Each leader has 8 (I think) battles to conquer their land.

The interface is pretty intuitive and the graphics are a nice touch. Love the board pieces, though they look a little Chess like and not Othello like. It certainly is a different take on the game and if you are a fan of the game you should look into this. If you have not played Reversi or Othello before I couldn't find any instructions or tutorial to help you out. Since I have played a lot that wasn't a problem for me but if it is your first try at it maybe pick up a game with some more basics before delving into this.

Last edited by New England Gamer; 09-23-2010 at 12:19 PM.

09-24-2010, 12:43 AM
Thank you for your review and your suggestion on the design of our game in particular. We will take them into consideration in the next update and add some new content to improve the gameplay.
09-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Any multiplayer?
09-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Any multiplayer?
I guess this one is not a multiplayer type, though I hope so. It could be of more fun, right?

09-24-2010, 08:41 PM
No multiplayer that I can find. But the game puts more emphasis on the progression and conquering of countries and leaders. Doesn't honestly lend itself to multiplayer with this set up.
09-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
No multiplayer that I can find. But the game puts more emphasis on the progression and conquering of countries and leaders. Doesn't honestly lend itself to multiplayer with this set up.
Okay thanks. Most reversi games I have played have offered a two player mode. Even as far back as Spot on the gameboy.
09-24-2010, 11:20 PM
We will add Two-Player Mode and Game Center to our later updates in the near future.
09-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisetap View Post
We will add Two-Player Mode and Game Center to our later updates in the near future.
Sounds good, I really like the look.
09-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Hmm, I always liked Reversi. Adding this to my wish list.