★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The "so close" thread - aka, waiting for an update

10-21-2008, 11:13 AM
The "so close" thread - aka, waiting for an update

There are a few apps that I have my eye on, and some that I own, that are this close to being 5 star apps but something is missing. Here's hoping the developers are listening...

iChalky - this looks like it could be amusing if they work out a few of the jerky animations and clean this up a bit.

Koi Pond - did the developer forget about this app? Some updates would be nice as this app is falling off the radar. More fish and more reasons to open this app are sorely needed. How about at least adding the ability to raise the fish so you have to feed them and they grow over time. Anything!!!

Zen Pinball: Rollercoaster - again, so close. How about more responsive flippers and a better framerate. Also, the game should be three balls not five, it takes too long to play.

iBowl - it's free but, come on how about the addition of some spin.

Shovel - whats the use of having a Digg app if you can't digg up and down articles?

Sol Free - should solitaire be this difficult? I win like 1 out of like 20 games. Anyway, they also need to move the flip cards a tad farther away from the deck so that you don't shuffle by accident when trying to grab a card. I know they have an undo button, but that to me is a cheater button that should never be pressed.

Virtual Pool - needs masse and multiplayer over a network.

Anaconda - I wish I could contact this developer to offer my graphic design skills. Update the graphics and this could be a top 10 game. They are terrible, its almost like they are beyond bad on purpose.

Carve3D - make the pumpkin thicker and this would be a killer free app for Halloween. The paper thin pumpkin kinda looks silly.

Virus - how about some save points so we don't always have to start at the beginning.
10-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Venger - definitely a step in the right direction, just wish the controls were a bit better. but to be fair, I haven't spent a ton of time playing this game.

10-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Not a game, but WEATHERBUG

I want moving radar LOL
11-06-2008, 06:27 AM
Agree on Venger.

Virus? Good idea, and I bought it, but have you played Expando? I feel sorry for the Virus author when saying this, but Expando is way more fun to me. Same idea really.

Haven't played either much lately, anything changed?

AeroGyro... bought this expecting marble madness, horrible controls, it could be so much better.

EDIT: I got a little side tracked, below is a list of my opinions on the games I play regularly, ignoring the big main ones like Monkey Ball, Asphalt 4 etc:

Waiting for monopoly/simcity/NFS Undercover now, all of which I shall buy. REALLY waiting for Rolando, but isn't everyone? We need more platformers. Currently enjoying Papijump Cave (needs a way to start from an earlier completed level, or autosave on quit) and the excellent GForce. I was sceptical, but GForce rocks. Field runners is brilliant, but i'm forcing myself not to play with it till the update comes out so i don't get sick of it. Update is meant to add music and more levels etc, should be good.

I love iShooting Gallery for some reason, done by the warblade guy... Pathways is keeping me interested, i fire it up, do a level, and come back later. Blue Skies is my favorite flying one although chopper is good. X-Plane is fun/relaxing but Blue Skies is very arcadey and reminds me of a good many Amiga games. Love it. (don't hear about it much on the forums? play on hard, demo levels are too basic) Galcon Lite is good, don't have the full one. Love Lux Touch, can't wait for Lux Touch Deluxe. Hated this initially as the instructions didn't work but i've worked it out now it's fun. Never played risk before. Dizy Bee free is cool, haven't bought the full one, should I? Lite versions often stop me buying the free one, but dizzy bee looks good, how long is it? enigmo good of course. Fuzzle I enjoy, but can't get more than 600 score. Lemonade Stand is fun. Jelly car, Trace, Loopy Lab, Reign of Swords, Touch4 by FS5, Vexed, Diner Dash, all good. Didn't like Diner Dash on the computer, much better on a touch screen I'm really waiting for Chapter 2 in Toy Bot Diaries too.

Last edited by darwiniandude; 11-06-2008 at 06:36 AM.
11-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Aero Gyro - This is just unplayable

BiiBall - Triple the number of levels!

Besiegement - Horrible user interface and tooooooo small

I also have to full version of Dizzy Bee. It#s fun, go for it!

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
11-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Aero Gyro - This is just unplayable

BiiBall - Triple the number of levels!

Besiegement - Horrible user interface and tooooooo small

I also have to full version of Dizzy Bee. It#s fun, go for it!
Besiegement's interface isn't that bad.
11-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Of course if you buy this little accessoire, you can use it: http://www.pearl.de/images/large/pe-998.jpg

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
11-06-2008, 07:58 AM
1. Midnight Pool. Far too fast. Characters talk before the other has finished. Balls move around like their arse is on fire (do balls have arses?). If they slowed it down a bit, and made the balls move at a more realistic speed, it would beat VP.
2. X-Plane. Needs more places, airports, planes, objectives.
3. Asphalt4. Needs accelerometer sensitivity option, so players can set it to how they want it.
4. iChalky. Needs to be able to dance to music played on the device rather than what it hears on the mic.
5. PixelCross. Needs more puzzles or a daily puzzle. Needs to have a lot more puzzles that aren't symmetrical (as unfortunately at the moment most of them are).
6. Topple. Needs a high score system for the Free Play mode. Needs to make stages 8 and 9 easier.
7. Nanosaur. Needs mid-level save.

Great thread
11-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
6. Topple. Needs a high score system for the Free Play mode. Needs to make stages 8 and 9 easier.
Or rename level 9 to level 15 (and possibly level 8 to 14) and add several levels inbetween with progressing difficulty.

Aqua Forest, it needs to be smoother when the screen is filled with various objects.
Also, more puzzles. Most of the included ones are basically just tutorials.

Stefan
11-06-2008, 09:17 AM
I'd LOVE to see Pangea tidy up two of their games : Bugdom 2 and Nanosaur 2. Nothing big, I'd just absolutely be thrilled if they had a "save the game where you leave it" addition. I have both of these on my Touch and NEVER play them because I don't have the time to endure the levels. I really want to...I just don't Loot Wars is also losing my interest because of it's setup. There's something missing there I can't think of at the moment but it needs a little pep. The dufflebag feature kinda missed IMO.