★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Paws & Claws Pet Vet - Time Management Game?

03-11-2009, 06:21 AM
#1
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Posts: 290
Paws & Claws Pet Vet

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306024707&mt=8

Not positive this is a TMG. Looks like a cute little game. Anyone have any experience with this one? Please, let me know your thoughts on it if you pick it up?

Last edited by LordCrom; 03-11-2009 at 08:58 PM.
03-11-2009, 12:01 PM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrom View Post
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306024707&mt=8

Not positive this is a TMG. Looks like a cute little game. Anyone have any experience with this one? Please, let me know your thoughts on it if you pick it up?
I'm not feeling the best today cuz I have a darn cold or bug so I may not have any videos or pics today BUT I can tell you that this game is based on the PC and DS game.

I looked briefly at reviews for both versions and they both got mixed reviews. Some reviews were based on a pc only problem and some were based on people thought it was too hard. Some of the DS reviews were praising it for being very immersive, some said it was good but too hard at first and some said it was too short.

Note that the game has been changed to have controls exclusively for the iphone/ipod touch so the gameplay might be different. Don't know. I might TOFTT on this but not sure. I will wait I think.

03-11-2009, 12:04 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: You need to stalk me?
Posts: 2,117
Send a message via AIM to superbad
im not feeling the design on this one... pass for now.

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
03-11-2009, 08:54 PM
#4
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,030
I do not believe this is a time management game. I've sort of eyed this one on the PC for quite some time since I have two girls who might like this sort of thing. Pocket Gamer has a review of it here: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Mobil...ew.asp?c=10470
03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 View Post
I'm not feeling the best today cuz I have a darn cold or bug so I may not have any videos or pics today BUT I can tell you that this game is based on the PC and DS game.

I looked briefly at reviews for both versions and they both got mixed reviews. Some reviews were based on a pc only problem and some were based on people thought it was too hard. Some of the DS reviews were praising it for being very immersive, some said it was good but too hard at first and some said it was too short.

Note that the game has been changed to have controls exclusively for the iphone/ipod touch so the gameplay might be different. Don't know. I might TOFTT on this but not sure. I will wait I think.
Outstanding! Thank you for the information Candy! I can always count on you to have a good handle on a game.
03-11-2009, 09:00 PM
#6
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 219
Yea Pet Vet isn't really time management -- more about doing tasks as a veterinarian. This game is definitely a hit with the kids SSquared, at least the PC version is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquared View Post
I do not believe this is a time management game. I've sort of eyed this one on the PC for quite some time since I have two girls who might like this sort of thing. Pocket Gamer has a review of it here: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Mobil...ew.asp?c=10470

No DPad - iPhone and iPod Touch gaming. Who says gamers need a dpad?
03-12-2009, 12:59 AM
#7
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 153
My wife loved this on the DS, I'll report back comparisons after she has a little bit of time w/it.

Twitter:adin Openfeint:adinb Plus+:adinb Gamecenter:adinadin crystal:adinb
03-12-2009, 01:18 AM
#8
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 735
Just bought it...downloading now. It's just such a cute concept that I couldn't resist.
03-12-2009, 09:46 AM
#9
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,030
Any comments will be greatly appreciated. This might be my next buy.
03-12-2009, 10:23 AM
#10
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 735
I just played through the first day and I'm not sure exactly what to say. The controls take a little practice but they're OK. The gameplay is interesting but seems a bit repetitive. This could be because I only played through the first day. I'm sure it gets more variety as you go on - tools are in place that I did not use so I'm sure there's a lot more. All in all, I find it rather interesting and I'm looking forward to playing more when I have the time.