★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: NAUGHTY BEAR STALKS AND SLASHES HIS WAY ONTO YOUR IPHONE
When the other bears threw a party, Naughty Bear wasnt invited.
Scorned for the last time, Naughty Bear is exacting his revenge
Now they will pay with their lives

Scare the stuffing out of your victims as Naughty Bear, a lovable sociopathic teddy bear who exacts his revenge on the ill-fated bears of Perfection Island.

Stab, shoot and bludgeon every adorable creature that crosses your path from robots to ninja bears in this slide-splitting action adventure.

HUNDREDS OF WAYS TO BE NAUGHTY
Stalk and Slash your way through 30 missions spread across 4 Locations.

Hunt all the 7 different bear types during the day or terrorize them at twilight and late into the night, with 3 distinct times of day.

VICIOUS HUMOR
Turn objects found across your path into an assortment of unconventional weapons!

Improvise traps from household items: Hide, watch and return to viciously finish off the terrified trapped bears!

Over-the-top macabre animations accompany your Naughtiness.

STORY MODE
Dozens of Missions with different goals: Get the Maximum Naughty Points, Killing Spree or just steal all the Cupcakes!

ARCADE MODE
Up the Pressure with slasher sprees against the clock!

GLOBAL LEADERBOARDS
Rack up Naughty Points on global OpenFeint Leaderboards by striking terror into the hearts of all bears through sabotage, scares and kills!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

09-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Any in game screens, or this is up in the air camera like in GTA CW?

09-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Interesting... this is easily one of the worst received games on the 360 & PS3 in recent memory, could it be any better on the iPhone?

...or perhaps more interestingly, would people consider the exact same crappy game to be any better simply because it's running on iPhone?

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Interesting... this is easily one of the worst received games on the 360 & PS3 in recent memory, could it be any better on the iPhone?

...or perhaps more interestingly, would people consider the exact same crappy game to be any better simply because it's running on iPhone?
Well, they probably would, considering the platform that it's running on, the fact that it's portable, and that you'd be paying roughly 1/20 of the original price. I know that it shouldn't make a difference between a good/bad game, but it's much easier to justify your purchase at $3 on a console like the iPhone rather than paying $60 to have it on the 360.

If anyone wants to TOFTT, this'd be the game to do so. I can't even tell what kind of game it is, and considering that there's no video, I can't tell ANYTHING about the game.
09-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
Trailer video for PS3/360:

YouTube: video
Yeah, but the iPhone has a couple of screens there that make it almost look like a whole different kind of game, almost like parts are top-down like Chinatown Wars.
09-23-2010, 05:28 PM
I kinda like the concept of a messed up, angry teddybear going on a massacre, but if the gameplay really is as bad as everybody says in reviews online I'm going to wait for some reviews/gameplay video here.

Also the graphics don't look very good and very blurry. If those are retina pics, then yikes! I'm sure they could have done a lot better, the graphics in that trailer look much sharper and a lot more detailed.

Last edited by maikelg; 09-23-2010 at 05:34 PM.
09-23-2010, 05:33 PM
So the question is... Is this a port? If so, then even with the bad console reviews it may be fun on the iDevice. If not, then it still might be fun.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
09-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maikelg View Post
I kinda like the concept of a messed up, angry teddybear going on a massacre, but if the gameplay really is as bad as everybody says in reviews online I'm going to wait for some reviews/gameplay video here.

Also the graphics don't look very good and very blurry. If those are retina pics, then yikes! I'm sure they could have done a lot better, the graphics in that trailer look much sharper and a lot more detailed.
that trailer is xbox/ps3
09-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
Well, they probably would, considering the platform that it's running on, the fact that it's portable, and that you'd be paying roughly 1/20 of the original price. I know that it shouldn't make a difference between a good/bad game, but it's much easier to justify your purchase at $3 on a console like the iPhone rather than paying $60 to have it on the 360.

If anyone wants to TOFTT, this'd be the game to do so. I can't even tell what kind of game it is, and considering that there's no video, I can't tell ANYTHING about the game.
Agreed. At $3.00, an iPhone game needs to amuse me for only a few hours. The biggest dig against the console version was that it wore it's welcome fast. However, fast is a relative term, quite different if you're paying $40.00+ for a game.

In any event, I'm picking it up. Will report later tonight.
09-23-2010, 05:42 PM
I had the "pleasure" of playing this on the console. It was absolute hell.

That being said, the idea of the game was interesting (kind of playing in your own slasher movie, only with bears instead of humans). However, the controls were horrible, the frame-rate was pants, and the actual game play itself was stilted and unsatisfying. Had it been a real slasher movie game (read not starring bears) it might have been able to hold my interest a bit more, but it was almost like they tried to play an outlandish and funny concept completely straight, and it ended up being not really funny, nor scary/intense.

I'm morbidly interested to see what they did with the iPhone version, but in some ways I really couldn't see it being any better. After the horrible rap the console game got (deservedly), they probably would have been better off introducing this for $0.99 as a gesture of goodwill for anyone that blew precious moments of their life on the console version.

Playing: Space Ace, Road Blaster, So Long Oregon, Necronomicon CG, 7th Guest, Deathsmiles
Waiting for: Mad Dog McCree, 11th Hour, Necronomicon CG update!