★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iPirate Battle for iPhone and iPod Touch out now

09-25-2010, 12:58 PM
iPirate Battle for iPhone and iPod Touch out now

Pirate battle is the latest iPhone game from Enora software. In the game you are a pirate, desperately trying to escape your pursuers. How long can you stand against the growing hordes of attackers? If you are good, you will come out on top at Pirate Battles online scoreboard.

YouTube video off iPirate Battle
iTunes link to iPirate Battle
homepage to iPirate Battle

Last edited by enora; 10-01-2010 at 12:49 AM.
09-28-2010, 08:53 AM
We have just lowered the price to 0.99$

It would really help if you would make a review in the app store.

09-28-2010, 10:23 AM
here's what i left on itunes: (3/5)
=====
Has potential and atmosphere, but needs a few tweaks.

Player's cannonballs need to travel much faster, as is they're like molasses. One hit and you're dead, on 'easy'.

Would be nice to see this fleshed out, with ship/weapon upgrades (better armor/more hp, faster cannons, more cannons, different ammo/etc) and levels and/or a story/campaign.

please turn this into a full game.
=====
09-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
here's what i left on itunes: (3/5)
=====
Has potential and atmosphere, but needs a few tweaks.

Player's cannonballs need to travel much faster, as is they're like molasses. One hit and you're dead, on 'easy'.

Would be nice to see this fleshed out, with ship/weapon upgrades (better armor/more hp, faster cannons, more cannons, different ammo/etc) and levels and/or a story/campaign.

please turn this into a full game.
=====
I just saw your review last night, in Denmark it's morning now , and i was very happy that you liked the game. And thanks for your constructive criticism of the game, that really help us see where we should focus.

I can tell you that version 1.1 is on its way and fixes the one hit and you're dead on easy problem.

Is there any way to see and answer the reviews in the app store. Because last night i really wanted to write to you?
09-29-2010, 07:04 AM
good to hear the only way to answer a feedback is directly within the game description that's posted, at least that how i see other developers doing it. you can't contact any poster directly.

are you planning on speeding up the cannonballs from the main pirate ship?
09-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Quote:
good to hear the only way to answer a feedback is directly within the game description that's posted, at least that how i see other developers doing it. you can't contact any poster directly.

are you planning on speeding up the cannonballs from the main pirate ship?
Ok, i also added a update section to the text after seeing your comment. And i think we will be doing that with future updates so everybody can see what's comming.

Right now the first update is only fixing problems. But we're actually going to test a faster version of the cannonballs to see if it's gonna make it better, so thanks for pointing that out

But we're also looking into other improments of the game so what's in the next release we actually don't know as of now.

Best Regards
Thomas
09-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enora View Post
Ok, i also added a update section to the text after seeing your comment. And i think we will be doing that with future updates so everybody can see what's comming.

Right now the first update is only fixing problems. But we're actually going to test a faster version of the cannonballs to see if it's gonna make it better, so thanks for pointing that out

But we're also looking into other improments of the game so what's in the next release we actually don't know as of now.

Best Regards
Thomas
thanks

as for improvements, i suggest making some/all of the enemy ships leave behind treasure of various types that have to be clicked on to be picked up (otherwise will sink), this can be converted to cash automatically that would then be useable for upgrades (weapons/ship/cannons/etc) , everyone loves seeing progression and especially upgrades

now that i think about it, there could be two classes of treasure, one that gets converted to cash for upgrades, and one that get converted to repair materials, so some of the wreckage could be wood, or masts, or sheets, rivets/etc, worth different amounts or 'repair materials'.

oh yeah, and make it a universal build

dangit, i gotta get me an intel mac so i can start working on my games

Last edited by araczynski; 09-29-2010 at 08:41 AM.
09-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
thanks

as for improvements, i suggest making some/all of the enemy ships leave behind treasure of various types that have to be clicked on to be picked up (otherwise will sink), this can be converted to cash automatically that would then be useable for upgrades (weapons/ship/cannons/etc) , everyone loves seeing progression and especially upgrades

now that i think about it, there could be two classes of treasure, one that gets converted to cash for upgrades, and one that get converted to repair materials, so some of the wreckage could be wood, or masts, or sheets, rivets/etc, worth different amounts or 'repair materials'.

oh yeah, and make it a universal build

dangit, i gotta get me an intel mac so i can start working on my games
I think you're on to something , and it would make the game even more challenging then today. We allready got several powerups, and we are talking about adding more.

I tried it on my iPad last night, and it was actually very cool on the big screen, but ofcause a native app would improve it.

hehe it is really fun to make you're own game so go for it
09-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Great graphics and optimized to also run on first generations iPods
So Retina display enhanced or no?
09-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherdman View Post
So Retina display enhanced or no?
i don't think so at the moment.