★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ENDI
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 57.8 MB
  • Version: 1.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: The National Institute of Digital Entertainment is proud to bring you ENDI Tank Battle !

Take the opportunity to play a funny arcade-oriented fighting game in a full toyish 3D environment:

- Drive various types of tanks in many surprising environments that will remind you of your childhood;
- Fight enemies with various personalities, specific strengths and weaknesses;
- Complete 30 missions with specific goals;
- Try our three intuitive control modes;
- Experience astonishing soundtracks and FX (try the voices FX !);
- Publish your accomplishments on Facebook and challenge your friends.

Will you be the next kindergarten king ???

Were working hard on additional content (tanks, maps, missions) so stay tuned for a huge content update !

This game is brought to you by the National Institute of Digital Entertainment. It has been made exclusively by two teams of our students in a 24-weeks development project !

Located in the heart of Quebec City, the National Institute of Digital Entertainment offers a unique opportunity for students to get training in video game development. In addition to receiving mentoring by outstanding professionals from the video game industry, the students will work on developing and publishing an original game during 12 weeks in an Agile (scrum) video game environment. The students also get one week of immersion at one of our corporate members (Beenox, Frima Studio, Longtail Studios, Sarbakan, Ubisoft).

Want to be a part of it ?
Apply now: info@endi.qc.ca
09-25-2010, 01:10 PM
This is just screaming for multiplayer! Hope they have some plans for it. Im downloading it now.

Edit:
Dear devs,
WTF were you thinking making this free?
-NotYou

I played only a couple rounds and I love it so far! The contols are better than any tank game I've played so far, the animations are great and very appropriate, and the the level design is (so far) perfect for this type of game. Why it's free is beyond me. If this had multiplayer, I'd be playing it all day.

Last edited by NotYou; 09-25-2010 at 01:20 PM.

09-25-2010, 03:58 PM
This is so cool! Very smooth game! Can't believe it's free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude
09-25-2010, 04:04 PM
well, the game had to be good. They are trying to show off what their students can do. Dont think they'd have published a crap game here :P

Quote:
This game is brought to you by the National Institute of Digital Entertainment. It has been made exclusively by two teams of our students in a 24-weeks development project !

Located in the heart of Quebec City, the National Institute of Digital Entertainment offers a unique opportunity for students to get training in video game development. In addition to receiving mentoring by outstanding professionals from the video game industry, the students will work on developing and publishing an original game during 12 weeks in an Agile (scrum) video game environment. The students also get one week of immersion at one of our corporate members (Beenox, Frima Studio, Longtail Studios, Sarbakan, Ubisoft).

Want to be a part of it ?
Apply now: info@endi.qc.ca
09-25-2010, 04:59 PM
This game is worth 1.99. IT ROCKS
09-25-2010, 05:09 PM
This game is very nice, and polished (been forever since I used that word). Unfortunately I don't like these type of games, but it's definitely download worthy.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
09-25-2010, 05:20 PM
Boy this was entertaining. I wonder why it's free.

Game Center: Hot-Wire Gamespy: The_Tower_Defender
Currently Playing: Galaxy on Fire II HD, Gun Bros 2, Minigore 2, RAD Soldier, Block Fortress, Real Racing 3
09-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Hello there !

As the general manager of our institute, I'd like to thank you for all these good words !

It took a lot of love from our students and our staff to get this result and our main goal was to get a funny tank gameplay !

Also the animation work was made in order to give each tank a different personality - especially when wounded

We definitely consider the multiplayer option and are currently working on a significant update (new playable tanks to unlock, a brand new battleground and of course more missions, plus some extra goodies...).

BTW, the game is deliberately free - for the moment !
Our games are our business cards

If you like this game, you may also have a look at our Flash games in our website (Shooting star is a pretty nice and polished one too and the upcoming Flubs has a lot a fun inside !)

Again, thanks for the good words: it's our best reward !

Jerome
09-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Online Mode via Gamecenter would rock.
09-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Hey, that really is pretty polished. Quite probably one of the best freebies on the App Store, really. Could use some Retina love, but for free who can complain? Very nicely done, and speaks well of the Institute.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko