★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Nanosaur or Bugdom?

10-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Nanosaur or Bugdom?

They're both apparently good games, and they're pretty cheap with right now. Pros/Cons to each one? Can't really make up my mind...
10-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Nanosaur is a great game, I would definitely recommend it. If you buy both games you'll how different they are. Bugdom is a fun game, but it's very, very childish. The voices are down right creepy sometimes.

They both have the same downfall and there's been thread after thread about it. You can't save until after you complete a level. Nanosaur has long levels, so it seems like more of a problem, but I personally think it's still fun. It's not annoying to retry the same level like it is in Bugdom. the action and the difficulty of the game make it worth replaying. It also has great music and graphics. I think it should belong in the $10 category. If it wasn't a port, I'm sure it would be.n

10-21-2008, 01:50 PM
I second the Nanosaur- especially while it's only $1.99. It's really a great game but prepare to be frustrated with the save thing. I was on my last egg, last life, about to drop it off into the vortex thingie, and hit a tree. DOH! One thing's for certain, I got a good rush from it!
10-21-2008, 01:56 PM
BTW, both games have a cheat too. In the main menu, tap three times in the upper left corner and you can choose your level. Bugdom has a ton more levels, but they're shorter.
10-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the cheat - Appreciate it.
10-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Remember that in addition to the "three taps" cheat, you can also tap twice in the same upper-left corner while playing a level in either game and automatically advance to the next level.

I would throw in my two cents for Nanosaur; it can be tough and the huge time span between saves is frustrating, but the graphics are great, the controls are excellent, and the overall experience is better. Bugdom is alright, but the controls are absurd and the experience just isn't as engrossing. There is some variety in the gameplay: there are platform levels, avoid-the-obstacles track levels, and an overhead plane level.

But if you have to choose just one, Nanosaur is by far the better game.
10-21-2008, 03:32 PM
If you have a Mac, you can get demos for both games from Pangea's site. That's not going to tell you anything about the iPhone controls, but it would give you an idea of gameplay. Bugdom 2 was ported to PC so there might be a PC demo floating around somewhere.

Might be a lot of trouble just to determine if you want to spend $2 on iPhone games, but I thought I'd mention it.
10-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thom-22 View Post
If you have a Mac, you can get demos for both games from Pangea's site. That's not going to tell you anything about the iPhone controls, but it would give you an idea of gameplay. Bugdom 2 was ported to PC so there might be a PC demo floating around somewhere.

Might be a lot of trouble just to determine if you want to spend $2 on iPhone games, but I thought I'd mention it.
Nanosaur is also on Windows, as I just bought it on Amazon
10-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Send a message via AIM to G0tsk1llz
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
BTW, both games have a cheat too. In the main menu, tap three times in the upper left corner and you can choose your level. Bugdom has a ton more levels, but they're shorter.
I found out that you could skip levels in Engimo also