★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Protector: The Planes now available!

09-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Protector: The Planes now available!

Hi. My name is Tom from Greyhound Games. Our latest iPhone game just came out and I wanted to get the word out. Its a really great tower defense game that is loads of fun and has a long shelf life. I would love to hear what people think!

Gameplay Video:

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-26-2010, 05:46 AM
I used to play this as flash game on Kongregate site and I gotta say it's an awesome game.
I bought this for iPhone but whenever I start the first stage the game would crash. Changing the settings or difficulty level won't do anything and even rebooting won't help.

This on an iPhone 4 with 4.0.1 iOS.

09-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Lock awesome game,I like tower defense games.I see more armors and skills its good

Editor at TouchArchive - Follow us:Twitter Facebook
Games List Tested Join our staff just PM me.
If you want to see your game on our blog,just send us a request.
09-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Hey, just wanted to stop by and say I'm really pleased with how this port turned out.
I created (and still create) the Protector series of games and was initally really dubious about porting to the iPhone but I think it's turned out awesome.
What I like the most is that I can play it through myself and experience the fun from the other side for once since I didn't code it!
This is my first release for the iPhone, hopefully it'll perform well and I can start looking at porting over other games from the series.
If anyone needs any tips or advice, fire away!
09-27-2010, 06:11 AM
I didn't even know it was gonna be ported and it really is well done. The touch interface works great.

I'd love to see the other protector td games ported
09-27-2010, 07:50 AM
Bought it!

I loved the Protector titles!
I got tons of games to play right now, but I'll give you guys my support, you deserve it
09-30-2010, 07:41 AM
I'm hopeful things will go well enough that I can carry on the Protector series based on the flash sequels.

Thanks for your support gammabeam. It's really appreciated.
09-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Hmm. Looks kind cool.

So how is this compared to other TD on this platform?
10-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Crash

Hi ,

I downloaded this game but it crashes on the first level. I tried different settings and a restart but nothing helped.

Iphone 3gs 32 gb
versie 4.0.2 (8a400)

Anyone else experiencing the same problems?

Or maybe someone has a solution?

thanx in advance
10-01-2010, 04:33 AM
There's an update already waiting for approval for this issue that should be out anyday hopefully.
The quick work around for now is to go into your phone's language settings and change them to English. (Or Japanese if you prefer)

I hope you like the game!

Chocolate: My advice would be to try the flash version (simple google search for Protector) and see if you like it, it's a big improvement on it and the iPhone touch interface works really well thanks to the work Greyhoundgames did.