★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ideateca
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 14.6 MB
  • Version: 0.8
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Enjoy the magic of Slide Soccer on your iPad screen! All the fun of small-format football games with a touch of strategy. Take the game with you and challenge your friends to an entertaining Slide Soccer match.

Choose between different strategic options to achieve better deployment of your bottle caps on the playing field

Place the bottle cap in the best shooting position for your first movement and take aim to score between the posts.

Never neglect your defence. Always leave some players defending your goalmouth to obstruct your opponent's long shots.

The best defence is a good attack, but remember that leaving the ball in a vulnerable position when your turn finishes is to invite them to put one past you.
09-27-2010, 02:37 AM
Quite interesting Game.
Is there Slide tackling in soccer ??
If so how to do it in this game ?

09-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Hmm, any videos? Looks like it could be cool, but chances are...
Anyone try it out yet?
01-26-2012, 03:36 AM
This game is Universal. I don't know why it says iPad only in the OP. I've played it on both devices.

I've played it and have purchased the pro version. I've played these types of games before and they're fun. It's free to try...

Haven't tried online. I'm still checking out the AI. There are a lot of options like playing surface and "player" size. You can curve the path of your players which is a cool feature. I like the UI and the way the players paths are drawn. There are many game modes, such as turn based, moving one piece per turn, moving every piece per turn, realtime...not sure what that is.

The game is loaded with ads. One covers the scoreboard (you can move it), one pops up after a goal, and one full page one pops up after a game. But pay and they go away. It's $1.99 to get the full game, or you can get a few individual add-ons.

The option to select less players on the field at a time. With 5 players it's a bit of a scrum and takes away from the strategy a little bit...maybe a lot.

The AI seems to have problems getting the ball out of corners, even if I don't move my pieces for many turns. It's not that bad, just something I noticed. But, if you play multiplayer, who cares

Why is there a timer in the game menu on single player games? Just a mild annoyance. And why does the timer continue when you pause a game (single player)? That definitely is annoying.

Asks me to sign into Gamecenter too often.

Definitely one of the better button soccer style games.

Last edited by schplurg; 01-26-2012 at 05:27 AM. Reason: added info.
01-27-2012, 03:36 AM
I'm confused...is this game the same as this one:

Clicking the link in the OP brings up a Not For Sale In US message. Just to be clear, my comments in the previous post were regarding the game I purchased, which is at the above link.

What the hell I just realized this is a two year old thread. Bye

Last edited by schplurg; 01-27-2012 at 04:08 AM.
01-27-2012, 06:04 AM
I have downloaded this app for my iphone and I play this game through it. It is an interesting and I have addicted to it.
01-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
EDIT: What the hell I just realized this is a two year old thread. Bye
Sig worthy