★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What is the deal with Monkey Island 2?

09-26-2010, 08:20 PM
What is the deal with Monkey Island 2?

So I got this game like 2 weeks ago when it was on sale, and I started playing it and it wasnt fun at all. I mean all I did was just walk around and talk to random people. I don't know if I'm supposed to get off the island or what I'm supposed to do. It's really boring in my opinion, so can someone please help me out here?
09-26-2010, 08:41 PM
What do you need help with? If it's boring then there is nothing to do logically but delete it.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
09-26-2010, 08:44 PM
It's really the story-telling, humor (lots of it) and that traditional adventure feeling that's missing in a lot of games today. If you can't see that in Monkey Island or weren't around when these games were extremely popular, then you probably won't get into them now. Most kids prefer the Halo's, Call of Duty's, etc. which isn't a bad thing by any means.

GameLoft: xRylinx | GameCenter: Rylin |
Currently playing: Real Racing 3, GT Racing 2, Oceanhorn
Waiting for: N/A
Owner of: iPad 3 64GB, Galaxy Note 3

Last edited by Rylin; 09-26-2010 at 08:54 PM.
09-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPodTouchMan15 View Post
So I got this game like 2 weeks ago when it was on sale, and I started playing it and it wasnt fun at all. I mean all I did was just walk around and talk to random people. I don't know if I'm supposed to get off the island or what I'm supposed to do. It's really boring in my opinion, so can someone please help me out here?
It's a point and click adventure, you follow the plot and figure out puzzles. You actually have to pay attention to what people are saying or have said to progress in the game. Also sometimes when you revisit certain places, events will have changed.

Like Rylin pointed out, the appeal of this was the writing/story, if that doesn't entertain you it won't get better.

Now someone port Grim Fandango or Leisure Suit Larry 7 for me please!!!!

Last edited by Cilo; 09-26-2010 at 09:28 PM.
09-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPodTouchMan15 View Post
Simpe: It's not your type of game.

memory cards
09-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeatinflyincougar View Post
Simpe: It's not your type of game.
Actually i felt sqme way when i started.. I was mostly confused... If your ever stuck use 3 fingers to give u a hint, it makes the game less guesswork and more streamlined, ehich is whay most people prefer today...