★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Monster Feed HD is the tower defense game to have. After playing it, everything else feels archaic. TD games have finally entered the next generation and its about time. Monster Feed HD is the Angry Birds of tower defense games."
- wirebot.com 10/10

"...this could quickly become the next icon of tower defense greatness on the iOS." -theportablegamer 4.5/5

"...I can safely say that Day Go By Entertainment has created a new king of the genre with Monster Feed HD." -appolicious

Featured on the App store:
* New and Noteworthy
* What's Hot

Check out some videos of the game and links to follow us at: www.monster-feed.com

The monsters are hungry and ready to feed! Use your towers and powerful spells to stop them from feeding on the innocent animals. This will be no easy task- these monsters have the abilities to make them challenging to stop. But you have the powers to do so! Use your spells and cunning to stop the unmerciful onslaught. This is no defense game for the faint of heart!

-- Key Features --

* Choose from different heroes with unique spells.
- Cast a boulder of ice that rolls over monsters then explodes encasing them in ice.
- Throw a trident that rips through multiple monsters before sticking in the last- bleeding it out.
- Summon the gnasher hound that will rend monsters to death.

* Monsters have special abilities to cut through your defenses!
- Spiders that jump parts of the path.
- A tentacle slime that throws an egg that you must smash (tap) to destroy before it hatches!
- Ghosts that disappear and dodge incoming damage. (sneaky sneaky)

* Action packed tower defense- don't let your guard down!
- Pick up coins and powerups while your enemies toss things to smash.
- Build towers and cast spells to stomp out the monsters.
- Choose preferred targets for your towers and trusty minions!
- Save your animal friends!

* A brief and informative in-game tutorial- don't be scared!

* Large maps! Scroll back and forth along varied sized maps.

* Hours of gameplay! With over a baker's dozen of maps, each having two distinct game-modes, and multiple heroes, there are many hours of enjoyment ahead.
09-27-2010, 09:22 PM
I played through the two levels on the lite version and really liked it.

09-27-2010, 09:24 PM
@BazookaTime

It reminds me of The Creeps. Is gameplay similar?

Thanks!

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!
09-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecwrtr View Post
It reminds me of The Creeps. Is gameplay similar?

Thanks!
Yes, especially the look. My concern would be if there are enough levels.
09-27-2010, 10:02 PM
definitely borrowed some elements from the creeps, my favorite element even, targeting scenery elements wish more did that. buying the game, loved the demo, good to the ipad getting some TD lovin, between this and yesterday's starfall hd
09-27-2010, 11:22 PM
So between this and Starfall, which is a better buy?
09-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
So between this and Starfall, which is a better buy?
oh man, i'd hate to choose, they're different in theme/feel, but both great in quality. of course starfall costs twice as much.

i don't think you can go wrong with either, and since i like both types of gameplay/executions, i would not be able to recommend one over the other.

its like asking to choose between the creeps and geoDefense. if you're into TD, you should have both, but if price is the issue at the moment, go with the cheaper one now and wait for the other to go on sale.
09-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Yes, especially the look. My concern would be if there are enough levels.
I'm one of the developers of the game. Glad you guys are liking it!

Creeps was one of the games that inspired this game, but there were many other inspirations as well. I'm a big tower defense fan I was trying to make a game I wanted to play and I'm excited to see others are enjoying it.

The full version has 17 maps with two different game modes per level- so there's 34 levels total. Along with being able to play with different characters/spells, there will probably be enough game to play for several hours

I'll definitely be releasing more maps in the future, along with more monsters, spells, towers, etc. If it does super well you guys will get more updates sooner than later!

Good luck & have fun!
09-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daygodude View Post
I'm one of the developers of the game. Glad you guys are liking it!

Creeps was one of the games that inspired this game, but there were many other inspirations as well. I'm a big tower defense fan I was trying to make a game I wanted to play and I'm excited to see others are enjoying it.

The full version has 17 maps with two different game modes per level- so there's 34 levels total. Along with being able to play with different characters/spells, there will probably be enough game to play for several hours

I'll definitely be releasing more maps in the future, along with more monsters, spells, towers, etc. If it does super well you guys will get more updates sooner than later!

Good luck & have fun!

Sounds good. The lite is a lot of fun and the price is right. I am sure that I will grab this at some point.
09-28-2010, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
oh man, i'd hate to choose, they're different in theme/feel, but both great in quality. of course starfall costs twice as much.

i don't think you can go wrong with either, and since i like both types of gameplay/executions, i would not be able to recommend one over the other.

its like asking to choose between the creeps and geoDefense. if you're into TD, you should have both, but if price is the issue at the moment, go with the cheaper one now and wait for the other to go on sale.
Price is not really an issue here. If both are as good as Creeps and geoDefense, then I'll be getting both. Right now there're not too many TDs for iPad around.