★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Become the master of tower defense and flight control in Towers vs. Dragons. Use arrows, cannon balls, fire, freezing cold or the Spectral Lines of Force to slay the dragon and get your score on the game center leaderboard. Come build your towers, draw traps to attract the winged beast to his doom then collect your manna. Click More to learn why you should download this App today!

New and Newsworthy in Strategy Games

You are a noble knight, defending your kingdom of Mannasgard against an onslaught of deadly winged dragons. As fast you can, you draw a trap that leads the monsters to an ambush, where you unleash weapons of mass destruction from your tower to wipe out as many of those evil creatures as possible.

This is no time to relax though; youve got to get those dragon corpses to the nearest Dragondrome. After that, theres a manna farm to build in the forest and a lot more dragons to destroy if youre to survive in Towers vs. Dragons (T.v.D or TvD).

Towers vs. Dragons is a cleverly unique game that blends tower defense, line drawing and flight control for an awesome gaming experience. There are 15 levels for you to tackle and 3 modes of survival to test your battle and strategy skills. Each of the levels varies in style, introducing new elements to help you fight the foe and have a ton of fun while doing it.

Although strategy and tactics are your best defenses, the app supplies you with a rich arsenal of weapons to use, so go ahead and pick your favorite method for destroying evil dragons. Burn them, smash them, stab them, fill them full of holes and freeze them. It doesnt matter; go with what makes you happy and is available in the level youre in. Once youve kicked dragon butt, your high score may be posted on the game center leaderboard for the world to see.

Check out the awesome Towers vs. Dragons features:
* Great interface, attractive and easy to use
* Build your own towers
* Harvest your own manna
* Spectral Lines of Force suck in unsuspecting dragons
* 15 challenging levels
* 3 modes of survival
* Rich arsenal of weapons
* Awesome background music, composed by Mike Weiser (ASCAP)

If you like tower defense games, line drawing and flying dragons, this is the perfect app for you!

Download Towers vs. Dragons right now and start defending your kingdom.
09-28-2010, 01:45 AM
Worst translation ever! Gameplay is a fun mix of tower defense and flight control.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder

09-28-2010, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
Worst translation ever! Gameplay is a fun mix of tower defense and flight control.
But seriously horrid translations in game.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
09-28-2010, 03:12 AM
Is it fun? It looks interesting and I loves me some tower defense games.
09-28-2010, 06:48 AM
can't make heads or tails of this, will wait for vid or lite.
09-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Game Impressions

The game is great and hopefully Jury will let a native English speaker go over all of the text for him in a future update as it does slightly spoil what could be an otherwise great game!

What will make this tricky for any kind translator daring to step in is that the developer is trying to be funny. I would think it is extra hard to know where a slightly mangled phrase is intentionally worded awkwardly or when it really was meant to be more clear.

The game itself is a clever hybrid of line drawing and tower defense.

These dragons will come flying in from various entry points bent on laying waste to your structures but you have the power to redirect them to fly in such a way so as to receive the full brunt of your fire power. Although there can be any number of dragons on the screen at a given point, you are limited in your trail lengths (give a few very explicit orders to circle a tower several times, or basic course adjustments to all of them, it's your call). The art comes in trying to have them come as close to your towers as possible without allowing them to directly get a straight run at the structures (the dragons have limited range and can only fire the direction they're facing).

Shooting down dragons, tapping on naturally occuring mana, and mana harvested from your own mana generators will allow you to create new towers anywhere on the map as well as repair existing buildings that have taken some direct shots.

The three buildings I've seen so far:

Arrow Tower: The cheapest structure in the game tha fires arrows at any dragons flying wthin range.

Cannon Tower: This more expensive big brother of the arrow tower fires far more deadly cannon balls at a much slower rate than the arrow tower.

Mannafacture: This is a mana farm that must be built on a forest. It automatically generates a bit of mana every 20 seconds or so.

One of the games clever innovations are its Spectral Lines of Force on some maps. These contraptions have some sort of powerful "Dragon Magnet" at one end that can suck in unsuspecting dragons and then send them down a predefined path through your map. A great time saver for us aspiring dragon flight controllers but there are some catches. While it tends to work great on little dragons, bigger ones will often break free of its grip and just continue on their own path of destruction until you intervene to control them directly.

While still only in my first few missions so far, most have consisted of surviving the dragon onslaught for a specified length of time with our main hero's initial home tower staying intact.

It even is integrated into Game Center although I have yet to post a score (it seems to only take the end score of entire campaigns). The game appears to have three or so campaigns with some spin off survival modes that need to be unlocked.

4/5 (easily a 5 once the traslation is cleaned up a bit)

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-28-2010, 09:43 PM
thanks for the details gek, your review makes it sound good, keeping it on the list.
10-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Anyone else tried this that would like to post their impressions?
10-01-2010, 02:49 PM
I've played a few levels, gek's review is spot on. I'm having fun so far, this is a nice hybrid of tower defence and line drawing. the translation isn't perfect, but you can understand what they are saying. Apart from the translation, this seems to be quite nicely done.
10-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Hi all!
I am Shortki — developer of the TvD game. Cool that the game in "New and Newsworthy" of Strategy section.
To celebrate this I will change one promocode for one iTunes review in next couple of hours. I think it’s good deal: you download game, play and write what you think — i will have yours opinion.

So, PM me if you in deal

P.S. There is no need to complain about the translation — it’s in correction now.