★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Forge 11
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.2 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: More than 50.000 people played and fought with the Chromies! Join them!

-FreeAppReport.com Showcased App!-

"Once upon a time, in a faraway land, Chromies were living happy and free. Just a guy wasn't so happy, his name was Gummyhead. He didn't like what Chromies eat, so he thought of an evil plan to turn those cute little creatures into a yummy dinner. "

And this is how the Chromies story begins...

So, are you ready to fight against evil creatures?
Are you ready to save the day?
Are you ready to set those tiny little creatures free?
But above all, are you ready for hours and hours of fun and exciting gameplay?

Colorous: A Color Odyssey is an original match-3 puzzle game where you should pair Chromies of different color to unleash devastating combos and gain thousands of points.
Race against time in Classic Mode and watch the fantastic tale of Chromies unravel in Story Mode, fighting evil bosses to restore freedom in the magical land of Chromies.
You can also challenge your Facebook friends! Beat their score and reach the #1 position between your friends, but also on the World leaderboard!
You can also play Colorous on Facebook ( http://apps.facebook.com/colorous/).

Colorous: A Color Odyssey features:
- Two different game modes: Classic Mode and Story Mode
- Fast, fun and exciting gameplay
- A step-by-step tutorial to let you grasp every single bit of the game

Classic Mode features:
- 20 different levels
- Race against time to reach the top score!

Story Mode features:
- 8 magic worlds
- 50 different levels
- 10 powerful bosses For all social Chromies:

Challenge your Facebook friends and share your score on Facebook and Twitter to reach the #1 in the World leaderboard!

Forge11's comments:

Hi guys, this is Fabio from Forge 11, a small new iPhone/iPad publisher.

Colorous: A Color Odyssey is one of our first games. It's an original match-3 puzzle game with cute and cartoony graphics. We acquired the game from its developer AVOC Software and revamped it from its original release adding a handful of new features.

YouTube: video

Youtube link | Pop Up

We're also giving away a few promo codes in exchange of reviews on AppStore. If you liked the game, give it a positive review. If you don't like, don't be afraid to give it a negative review, with 1 or 2 stars. If you're honest, we will appreciate your effort in both situations.

Unfortunately, we just have 10 promo codes, so if you like to test the game, write a PM and I'll send you the code.

I hope you like the game!
09-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Forza ragazzi! Da Milano con furore!!
Scherzi a parte, fa sempre piacere vedere qu su TD italiani che si buttano nello sconfinato mondo dello Store. Tra l'altro dal vostro sito Internet vedo una grande professionalit, versatilit ed efficienza.

P.S. PM inviato e grazie in anticipo!

09-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Just English, please.

This is an international forum.
09-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forge11 View Post
Just English, please.

This is an international forum.
Ah sorry!
Great pleasure to see italian developers here on TD.
Keep up the good work!

P.S. PM sent, thanks in advance!
09-29-2010, 05:11 AM
Thank you guys for the overwhelming response (in PM)!

The first batch of codes has been distributed. First come, first served, unfortunately. But I hope I'll be able to distribute other codes in the future.

Play the game and let me know, here on the forums or anywhere else, if you liked it and which are, in your opinion, its pros and its cons.

Thanks a lot.
09-29-2010, 05:50 AM
Thank you very much!
09-29-2010, 06:01 AM
Thanks!
09-29-2010, 07:13 AM
Ok, just tried it.
I chose the "Classic" (a "Story" mode is also present) mode and i made through the tutorial, well made and clear, since it's a game that requires knowledge of some (yet simple) colors combinations. There's a sort of manual, called "Colorpedia" that's explains every detail of the game and that reveals itself as a great help expecially for the first times. Something similar can be find in an in-game option that shows possible colors combinations the player can do for make matches between chromies. There are also many useful powerups to help you during the game.
Graphic is clean, simple but well done; music seems a little repetitive to me but you can turn it off if you want and put on your own iPod tracks.
One thing i'd really like, and a suggestion to the devs, it's an online world leaderboard that doesn't require Facebook integration to use it.
Definitely a good work by Forge11 even if it's not the usual match-3 or something like that game; it requires more a little more use of logic, and to me this is a +1 point for "Colorous".
09-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks for your review Caprone!
09-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forge11 View Post
Thanks for your review Caprone!
You're welcome!!