★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ~50% off Launch Giveaway!~
An artistic, quick & fun, thematically rich game that lets players fulfill their life-long fantasies of riding 'fire-lions' in the Dream Realm..

What would you do if your loyal fire-lion followed you everywhere you went? What would you do if the Dream Realm finally beckoned?

We hope to hear your thoughts, as we're constantly improving the game! Version 1.2 coming soon!

FEATURES:
-Choose your character
-Transform into your fire avatar when in danger
-Enjoyable and unique dream world
-Perfect, fun touch controls
-Collect gold tokens
-Beautiful, glowing hand-painted scenery
-Beat your highscores, unlock achievements, and shoot for the top of the global leaderboards via OpenFeint.
-Save sweet Eurydice

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
-"Lion Rider is a quick, fun, gem of a game. I love trying to beat my high scores and racking up OpenFeint points. - Beta User Review

WHAT'S NEW:
-Now runs even faster and smoother!
09-28-2010, 03:47 PM
This seems like it could be cool but I have no idea WTF is going on in this game. It seems like it has some kind of leveling up system but I don't understand why you level up or what happens when you do.

09-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Isn't this basically Robot Unicorn Attack with a lion? That's what it sounds like at least.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
09-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Well luckily I found .99 in my couch cushions, so instead of eating a steak dinner tonight I decided to try this out.

The icon and the start up screen are a real turn off, the title screen looks like it was created with some sort of spray paint app and is just depressing to look at.

The game is Robot Unicorn Attack but with a lion and some small person riding the lion. The game actually plays fine, the jump and dash buttons work when touched and you can double tap to double jump. Here you are smashing idols, so it is nothing like smashing the stars you find in Robot Unicorn Attack.

You collect sprites or fairies, or something as you run and they go a screen where if you collect enough it levels up something. I have no idea what it does as even though I leveled up one, still have no idea what was going on. I didn't see any intructions, so it must not matter. The real twist is that one run is the game, none of this three runs for a total stuff.

I really have no feelings about this game. It is neither horrible or great.
09-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Isn't this basically Robot Unicorn Attack with a lion? That's what it sounds like at least.
You hit the nail on the head it's very similar fun in it's own right though . I have no idea of what purpose the gold tokens serve apart from it seems to level you up which doesnt seem to change anything in game .
09-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Well luckily I found .99 in my couch cushions, so instead of eating a steak dinner tonight I decided to try this out.

The icon and the start up screen are a real turn off, the title screen looks like it was created with some sort of spray paint app and is just depressing to look at.

The game is Robot Unicorn Attack but with a lion and some small person riding the lion. The game actually plays fine, the jump and dash buttons work when touched and you can double tap to double jump. Here you are smashing idols, so it is nothing like smashing the stars you find in Robot Unicorn Attack.

You collect sprites or fairies, or something as you run and they go a screen where if you collect enough it levels up something. I have no idea what it does as even though I leveled up one, still have no idea what was going on. I didn't see any intructions, so it must not matter. The real twist is that one run is the game, none of this three runs for a total stuff.

I really have no feelings about this game. It is neither horrible or great.
A great steak is better than most games.

Invaders Must Die.
09-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Game Impressions

As someone else has said, it's basically Robot Unicorn Attack, but with a lion. The main difference is that the pacing is much worse and the hit detection on edges is less generous-- that is, if you graze the end of a ledge, you are more likely to die than in Robot Unicorn. So it's the same game but less fun and without an awesome soundtrack.

I do like lions, though.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
09-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to vklymenko
Game Impressions

THANKS !!!

heh, I like RUA, but RUA starting to be kind of borring and not a lot similar games on appstore exist now.

I liked this one, very pleasant and good music on main menu, I'll play this rider few times per day like drugs... and want more such games!

Last edited by vklymenko; 09-29-2010 at 06:40 AM.