★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pig Shot - Major Update v1.1 (Universal, Retina, Game Center, more)- Temporarily FREE

09-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Pig Shot - Major Update v1.1 (Universal, Retina, Game Center, more)- Temporarily FREE

9th June: Pig Shot hit it's 1st million downloads!
15th June: We exceeded 2 million downloads in just 1 week!

I've been working tirelessly alongside Sven (from Mudloop) for the past few months on a major update for our crazily addictive pig rolling game Pig Shot. We're delighted to announce that the update has finally completed and it can now be updated from the App Store.

The update provides 17 new Game Center achievements, new obstacles, a female pig (Maggie) character, progressive gameplay mode, a new leaderboard format and more.

Better yet, the game is now universal so you can enjoy it on any iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. The price of the game remain unchanged at $0.99 for the universal app. It's a steal!

Here is the full list of the changes that we've done in v1.1.0.

New Features in version 1.1.0:
• Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements
• 'Retina Display' graphics
• Universal App (supports iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad)
• 17 New Achievements to be Unlocked
• Female pig (Maggie) character and character selection screen
• Progressive day & night gameplay
• Leaderboard format for furthest gameplay distance
• New obstacles and powerups
• Completely rewritten game engine.
• Interactive sound effect when bump against obstacles
• Setting menu for volume adjustments
• Off game music by default
• Greatly reduced build size
• Fixed minor bugs

KNOWN ISSUES: (as of 16 May 2011)
• Multi-tasking sound glitch (if you can recreate the issue, please share us the steps)
• Game performance (game FPS seems to be a little lower than previous version. Most probably related to the new graphical shader, we are looking into it)

Get ready for some EPIC PIG-SLINGING madness! Start launching pigs off slingshot and experience the fastest pig-rolling action you've never tried before!

Pig Shot is an incredibly addicting action game where you constantly launch your pig off slingshots before rolling it at high speed through a challenging trail that is filled with random obstacles. Collect cauliflower to accumulate gas and make your pig fart for a temporary speed boost. There are over a dozen of achievements such as 'Constipated Pig' to be unlocked in the game and you can check your standing on the Game Center/OpenFeint leaderboard. You can even send an email highscore challenge your friends.

"Won't stop playing until pigs can fly" - iPhone Alley

"The next casual game craze on the iPhone." (9/10) - iPhone Life

"Anyone can pick this up and start enjoying it." - App Advice

"A simple yet addictive gameplay merchanic." - Gamezebo

"An App Store novelty." - Slide To Play

"Will keep casual gamer hooked." - Appyzilla

"Potty humor, fun graphics and dare I say addictive game play" - iPhoneFreakz

"You'll be flinging in hog heaven in no time." - The iPhone App Review

- 'Retina Display' graphics
- Universal App (supports iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad)
- Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements
- 33 achievements to unlock
- Two adorable pig (Bacon & Maggie) characters
- Progressively gameplay which gets harder as the forest turn dark
- Completely randomized environment & tons of obstacles awaits you
- Challenge your friends with your highscore
- iOS4 multitasking supported

Pull and release the slingshot to launch the pig. Tilt to steer the pig through obstacles. Grab cauliflower to accumulate gas and tap anywhere on the screen to make your pig fart for a temporary speed boost.

Nexx Studio - iOS Games Publisher - Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Dulp - Zig Zag Boom - Sidechain - Warship Solitaire - Bloom Box - Pig Shot - Glow Puzzle - The Idiot Test 3 - and more awesome games!

Last edited by Grumps; 06-14-2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Updated with patch v1.1 informations.
09-28-2010, 06:47 PM
This game is quite fun! Great cartoony graphics, simple and easy to learn controls. Has an addictive feel to it. Worth a try!

add me on PSN = uranium65

09-28-2010, 06:50 PM
This game is really fun and the art is great too. I'd recommend this to casual gamers and fans of high-score based games.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
09-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Loving this game. Can't wait till the Game Center addition goes live.

Game Center ID: Snooptalian
09-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Lost the first contest (promo code) but bought it and ready to roll!
09-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Really addictive game with a great art style. Plays great on the iPad, looking forward to the universal update. Great pick up and play game.
09-28-2010, 07:02 PM
ITS TOO ADDICTING!!! One feature I suggest is that when you guys add gamecenter, maybe try to add a multiplayer feature to it. Another suggestion I have is that maybe you can some sort of Time attack mode, or speed run. Thanks for the awesome game.
09-28-2010, 07:02 PM
This game is surprisingly fun and addictive! The graphics are great, the farting/nitro boost is actually kinda cute, and I like the randomized levels. I think there should be a tutorial screen on what to avoid, especially as it took me a few plays to realize you're trying to get into multiple slingshots but you'll die if you hit their wooden slingshot posts. More and different types of power-ups would be nice, maybe the ability to bounce over things. Also, changing up the scenery would be good, along with more enemy types.

Playing Now: Lara Croft Go, Boxy Kingdom, The Shadow Sun
Waiting For: Lumines
GameCenter: -jjj-
09-28-2010, 07:34 PM
You should implement Game Center, if not added yet.
09-28-2010, 07:47 PM
How about costumes for the pig? =)