★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Introducing "Stoneship: The Curse of a Thousand Islands" - an entirely new iOS game from the company that brought you Myst and Riven.

Arrrgh! Pack Your Flintlock!

So you think you want to sail the seven seas? How about helping patrol the Thousand Islands! There are a lot of oceans out there with countless islands - and boatloads of pirates and sea monsters who would like to steal treasure and shiver your timbers.

Your brilliance, and your ability to amass a loyal crew are the only thing standing in their way.

So avast the vastness - man the cannons - and set sail to restore peace and order to the high seas.

Stoneship is a lighthearted new direction for Cyan Worlds. Explore, control, and protect vast oceans and islands - starting with the initial eighty three levels of pirate-cursed real estate. Stoneship brings a casual, top-down, turn-based, strategy, puzzle game, with a bent toward the whimsical, to the palm of your hand.

Set sail now, because we'll be releasing free updates with new campaign levels, more monsters, helpful first mates, and devious new challenges. Try to keep up!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Quote:
What's New in Version 1.0.3
We've swabbed the decks! Stoneship is in shipshape!

- iOS Multitasking has been implemented.
- Tutorial game crashes have been fixed.
- Game continuation issues have been fixed.
- Score screen doesn't ruin the surprise of a new best score.
- "Extended Firing" cheats have been cleaned up
- Removed accidental First Mate screen click-through.
- Rephrased and re-spelt a few things.
- and banished many more little irritations!
09-28-2010, 06:39 PM
I was wondering when this was going to be released, instabuy.

09-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Before I buy this, is an iPad version coming out?
09-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Am I the only one that thought this looked a little boring? I like strategy games as much as the next, but where's the "flair"?!

Gamecenter:1337brian
09-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
Am I the only one that thought this looked a little boring? I like strategy games as much as the next, but where's the "flair"?!
Ya, but was too scared to post about it.

Also, I would consider if it was 2 bucks cheaper.
09-28-2010, 07:22 PM
My concern is that I have no idea what the game is about by the description...

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.
09-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkieSuthorn View Post
My concern is that I have no idea what the game is about by the description...

Munkie!
Watch the video should give you a better idea..

Gamecenter:1337brian
09-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Is multiplayer planned?
09-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Game Impressions

So, I purchased it, and I have played for 10 minutes, and I think its going to be pretty good. Its very much like Defense of the Oasis.

You have a map that you have to explore, cities that you have to link up, and pirates and sea monsters that you have to fight off. Each round has 50 turns for you to do these things before the pirates attack. Graphics and sounds are both very good. Somewhat cartoony, but appropriate to the game.

There are a large number of levels included, and it seems like there are more to come.

I like it. I think its worth the $3, but if you are one of those cheapskates that think every game should only be $1, then this one is going to be about $2 too much for you.
09-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Before I buy this, is an iPad version coming out?
+1

Has anyone heard? Because I think this would play better with a bigger screen. Is anyone playing it on their iPad? If so, how does it look?

Thanks!

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!