App description: BIT.TRIP BEAT is the arcade game for the new millennium, fusing Pong with interactive beats. Use the accelerometer or touch controls to move the paddle up and down bouncing beats back from which they came! Listen and react to different beat progressions as you try to survive an onslaught of spectacular retro visuals. Successfully chain beats and obtain the megasphere to go for insane scores, not to mention the elusive "Perfect Score." Team-up with your friends for the intense Multiplayer Gameplay Mode! Bounce to the beat with BIT.TRIP BEAT!

Won TouchGen's Editor's Choice Awards 2010 in the Best Music Game Category!
Editors Choice Award (4.5/5) TouchGen
Bronze Award Pocket Gamer

Features:
Supports Leaderboards and Achievements
Head to Head Multiplayer

We recommend that you update your device to the latest iOS version before playing.

For more information on BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc:
http://www.bandainamcoent.com/home.html

Download and play other BANDAI NAMCO games!:
PAC-MAN
Rocket Fox
Bird Zapper!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina ScreenShots
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Optimized for Retina Display
Easy Mode is now available!
Level completion no longer needed to unlock next levels!
Improved multiplayer stability!
Multiple bug fixes
09-29-2010, 05:06 AM
**This version is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3rd Gen and higher.**

Bummer

GameCenter : amusingGrace
Feel free to add me

09-29-2010, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amusing Grace View Post
**This version is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3rd Gen and higher.**

Bummer
Second time today this has happened to me

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
09-29-2010, 07:11 AM
I wonder why no site has mentioned this in their previews.
Maybe its a mistake and can be fixed easily.

Feel free to add me
09-29-2010, 07:19 AM
Quote:
I wonder why no site has mentioned this in their previews.
Maybe its a mistake and can be fixed easily.
Yes it can be. By not buying it until they fix that.

This is becoming more and more prevalent in the app store. and usually for no god-damned reason. The only game which IN ALL HONESTY can REALLY ONLY RUN ON THE NEXT GEN might be Epic Citadel. DEVS, YOU COULD OPTIMIZE THE SAME GOD-DAMNED GRAPHICS BEFORE 3GS WAS OUT. What stops you now? Oh, right, if people buy your crap regardless, why do it?

And no, the fact that apple doesn't support anything beyond the 3GS any more has nothing to do with this. THEY have a hardware to sell. App store devs don't.
09-29-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm glad that devs are pushing the hardware to its limits. You can't just look at filesizes to determine what levels of processing and graphical strength you need. I want less doodle jump and more Epic Citadel. It's time to get rid of the 1st and 2nd gen devices, and get with the times.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
09-29-2010, 07:33 AM
@sizzlakalonji : I really dont see where this game is pushing the hardware to the limits, honestly.
Besides, restrictions like this should be mentioned in the previews in my opinion.

Feel free to add me
09-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Shame, I was looking forward to this.
Be interesting to see the tech specs which make 3rd gen+ the only hardware.
09-29-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
@sizzlakalonji : I really dont see where this game is pushing the hardware to the limits, honestly.
Besides, restrictions like this should be mentioned in the previews in my opinion.
I understand what you're saying, but I think people need to realize that this is the direction that the app store is heading. The most desired games will more and more be 3rd and 4th gen exclusive. My point is that I want games that push the hardware to its limits, so I don't want devs to feel that they have to "dumb down" their games to make 1st and 2nd gen owners happy. Upgrading hardware has always been part of gaming culture.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
09-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Upgrading hardware has always been part of gaming culture.
True, but not as expensive and as often for something so cheap. And as I say that as someone who owns a dozen and more gaming systems.