App description: BIT.TRIP BEAT is the arcade game for the new millennium, fusing Pong with interactive beats. Use the accelerometer or touch controls to move the paddle up and down bouncing beats back from which they came! Listen and react to different beat progressions as you try to survive an onslaught of spectacular retro visuals. Successfully chain beats and obtain the megasphere to go for insane scores, not to mention the elusive "Perfect Score." Team-up with your friends for the intense Multiplayer Gameplay Mode! Bounce to the beat with BIT.TRIP BEAT!

Won TouchGen's Editor's Choice Awards 2010 in the Best Music Game Category!
Editors Choice Award (4.5/5) TouchGen
Bronze Award Pocket Gamer

Features:
Supports Leaderboards and Achievements
Head to Head Multiplayer

We recommend that you update your device to the latest iOS version before playing.

For more information on BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc:
Checkout out our website: http://www.bandainamcoent.com/home.html

Download and play other BANDAI NAMCO games!:
PAC-MAN
Rocket Fox
Bird Zapper!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
What's New in Version 1.0.2
• Easy Mode is now available!
• Level completion no longer needed to unlock next levels!
• Improved multiplayer stability!
• Multiple bug fixes
09-29-2010, 10:11 AM
It should translate to $7, only it's $10 USD still.

I'll watch this one on appshopper.. but that's about it.

09-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Ouch.

It's a lot more than the standard version. It's not like they've had to redo the graphics.

Does anyone know if there is any extra content?
09-29-2010, 10:36 AM
The price is ridiculous unless there's more content in the iPad version. A lot more.

I can understand the price difference between some of the iPhone vs iPad games/versions, but over 3x difference is plain robbery. The game should have been universal. Atleast if there's no differencies between the two.

I was so waiting for these games to hit the iPad but if the given prices are correct, it's a major let down.

E: They say on Twitter that iPhone version costs 4,99$ and iPad version 6,99$. That's more acceptable difference.

Last edited by teidon; 09-29-2010 at 10:44 AM.
09-29-2010, 10:46 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/28/bi...ad-on-sept-30/

"he later told us via email that the game will run $4.99 on iPhone/iPod Touch and $6.99 on iPad."
09-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Bit.Trip HD

Bit.Trip Beat HD is out now in the US store for $6.99 (and I'm assuming everywhere else now).

I thought this was supposed to be universal?
09-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy liquid View Post
Bit.Trip Beat HD is out now in the US store for $6.99 (and I'm assuming everywhere else now).

I thought this was supposed to be universal?
I am tempted to just buy the iPhone version at $1.99.
09-29-2010, 11:44 PM
is it seriously $6.99 just for a higher res on an 8bit looking game?
09-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I am tempted to just buy the iPhone version at $1.99.
That's what I ended up doing. I'll be able to play it on my touch with Game Center and just scale it up on the iPad. Maybe if they have a sale and it drops to $2 or $3 I'll double dip. But not for $7 bucks.
09-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Released less than a day ago for $6.99 now $3.99 already so FU#K you Namco. Way to go. Screw your early buyers. This was a total cock-up of a release. I thought we'd moved on past these kind of screw-overs especially from a major publisher. Stupid. Last time you'll be getting a cent out of my pocket. I can live with a couple of weeks before a price drop but this plain stinks. This was an contemptuous and hostile move towards those who bought the game last night and today. Also for the price I paid I did not expect to have to pay for extra levels.

Last edited by Bad Hanson; 09-30-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: .