★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: WE ARE 11! Now kick it to the next level with LOCAL MULTIPLAYER via WiFi or Bluetooth! Also featuring visual excellence made to maximize the Retina Display, precision controls, authentic teams, and real players, this is the total soccer experience on the App Store. See why Keith Andrew of Pocket Gamer raves that FIFA 11 looks more like a real game of football than any other soccer sim on iPhone and why Rik Henderson of Pocket-lint simply calls it A MIGHTY GAME.

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ON DOWNLOADING & COMPATIBLE DEVICES ***
Please Be Patient When Downloading Because of the high-quality graphics and sophisticated animation, FIFA 11 has a larger file size. It might take a little longer to download.
Confirm Your Device Is Compatible FIFA 11 is ONLY compatible with 3rd and 4th generation iPod touch devices along with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPad. Before downloading, please check the back of your device to make sure that it matches the system requirements.

REAL PLAYERS, TEAMS, AND LEAGUES UPDATED FOR THIS SEASON
Take the field with superstars like Real Madrids Kaka and Manchester Uniteds Wayne Rooney. Match up more than 500 teams from real leagues around the world and march into action in 35 authentic stadiums. The world of soccer is truly in your hands.

VISUALIZE THE GAME IN VIVID DETAIL
Every detail springs to life on the field, especially with the Retina Display! Team colors are more vibrant. The green of the grass more glorious. Capture the passion and power of the worlds favorite sport with unprecedented visual clarity.

IMPROVED CONTROLS LET YOU PLAY WITH PANACHE
The new D-pad and button layout options provide more gameplay sophistication for veterans and simplicity for casual players. Control the ball and the action with 360° player movement and gesture-driven skill moves. Swipe a player to make an attacking run! Pull off defense-splitting passes, rifling shots, penalty kicks, and pro-style tricks!

TAKE THE FIELD WITH A FRIEND VIA LOCAL WIFI OR BLUETOOTH
Create your own friendly matches and match skills with your most personal opponents via local WiFi or Bluetooth Multiplayer. Or team up and challenge the computer in cooperative play.

PLAY AS ANY TEAM YOU CHOOSE IN MULTIPLE MODES
Make your squad the team to beat in the Premier League, La Liga, MSL, and more. Play in Season Mode, Tournament Mode, and Quick Match (if you prefer to kick it in more casual style).

Find us on Facebook.com/eamobile to get the latest info and join the worldwide community of FIFA 11 players!
** DON'T MISS OUR OTHER EXCITING GAMES! ** SCRABBLE, The Sims 3, TETRIS®, MONOPOLY, Madden NFL 11 by EA Sports, Pogo Games FREE, Liqua Pop, ROCK BAND® Reloaded, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit & Surviving High School FREE

GIFT THIS APP: Click the Buy App arrow on the iTunes® App Store

Be the first to know! Get inside EA info on great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips & more
VISIT US: ea.com/iphone
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/eamobile
LIKE US: facebook.com/eamobile
WATCH US: youtube.com/eamobilegames

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina ScreenShots
(click to enlarge)

International version : http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/fifa-11-by-ea-sports-world/id394245061?mt=8

Quote:
WE ARE 11! Visual excellence made to maximize the stunning Retina Display…new precision controls…authentic teams…superstar players… Ready to kick it to the next level? The total soccer experience for iPod touch® & iPhone® is here.

REAL PLAYERS, TEAMS, AND LEAGUES – UPDATED FOR THIS SEASON
Take the field with superstars like Real Madrid’s Kaka and Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney. Match up more than 500 teams from real leagues around the world and march into action in over 50 authentic stadiums. The world of soccer is truly in your hands.

VISUALIZE THE GAME IN VIVID DETAIL
Every detail springs to life on the field, especially when viewed through the Retina Display available with the next generation iPod touch and iPhone 4. Team colors are more vibrant. The green of the grass more glorious. Capture the passion and power of the world’s favorite sport with unprecedented visual clarity.

IMPROVED CONTROLS LET YOU PLAY WITH PANACHE
The new D-pad and button layout options provide more gameplay sophistication for veterans and simplicity for casual players. Control the ball and the action with 360° player movement and gesture-driven skill moves. Swipe a player to make an attacking run! Pull off defense-splitting passes, rifling shots, penalty kicks, and pro-style tricks!

PLAY AS ANY TEAM YOU CHOOSE IN MULTIPLE MODES
Make your squad the team to beat in the Premier League, La Liga, MSL, and more. Play in Season Mode, Tournament Mode, and Quick Match (if you prefer to kick it in more casual style).

WANT TO DOWNLOAD FASTER? DOWNLOAD TO THE iTUNES LIBRARY SYNCED WITH YOUR DEVICE.
The console-like graphic quality and sophisticated animation of FIFA 11 requires a relatively larger file size, plus a 3GS or later device. Therefore, we recommend downloading the game to the iTunes library synced with your device.

COMING SOON: OPERATION and FIFA 11 by EA Sports™

GIFT THIS APP: Click the “Buy App” arrow on the iTunes® App Store

Be the first to know! Get inside EA info on great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips & more…
VISIT US: ea.com/iphone
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/eamobile
LIKE US: facebook.com/eamobile
WATCH US: youtube.com/eamobilegames
---EDIT---
Since a lot of people have been asking for lag/slowdown update fix, I've added the posts from windburn and wundaii here. EA has already acknowledged the problem and has assured that a fix will be coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windburn View Post
Guys, if you read back a page or two, you will see that I've already posted that we've heard from EA Mobile, and that they're aware of the problem and are working on a patch. They haven't given us a timeline though, so that part of it is all in the air.

I should just update the OP, since so many people are asking!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WunDaii View Post
They will update it to fix the lag

1) EAMobile assured us on Twitter that they are 'working on it'
2) I asked my Press Relations contact.
09-29-2010, 05:07 AM
858MB!!!!!!!

Blimey!

InvertY.com - A gaming diary.

09-29-2010, 05:12 AM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Might this be the end of X2's reign on my phone?
09-29-2010, 05:15 AM
damn... i wasn't expecting this till oct 1st and the file size is freakin' huge!!! IMPRESSIONS NZ

Add me @ Game Center: BrainGame
09-29-2010, 05:17 AM
I'm really not sure why it's 20 times bigger than the World Cup FIFA game. It can't just be high-res textures, surely?

And I notice it's for the 3GS and later only.

InvertY.com - A gaming diary.
09-29-2010, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaone View Post
Might this be the end of X2's reign on my phone?
I guess you haven't played PES, because it's BY FAR the one to beat. This will hopefully do until PES 2011 with hd graphics comes out.

😈
09-29-2010, 07:06 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
3rd gen up and later

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
09-29-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by italodance View Post
damn just wrring the topic....uuuuu

anyway i really need it for US store cant wait for buy

lol 858 MB

DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

console game
858 MB?? Holy Hell!!!

Is there any bigger game on the App Store?
09-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Damn it!

I see some game play mechanism similar to Madden 11. I don't see a reason why it can not run on first generation of iDevice.

What a shame!

- An owner of 2g iPhone
09-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexT79 View Post
858 MB?? Holy Hell!!!

Is there any bigger game on the App Store?
I think it probably is the biggest game on the app store. I'm glad I have 18 gigs of free space left

I'm also glad it's for 3GS and 4th gen devices only (sorry iVaro). It shows EA is taking more advantage of the newer devices and leaving the old ones behind.

Hakuna Matata