★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: iwin, Inc.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 78.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0.16
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Everyone loves Bjorn & his Vikings crew! Check out the amazing reviews below:

Gamezebo (4/5 Stars): "Such a simple game lives and dies by its control system, and Vikings Row's is as fresh and as subtle as they come. The Vikings might be long-gone, but this new digital invasion should be welcomed with open arms." http://bit.ly/cyMilg

Touch Arcade: "It uses a really clever control mechanic, has a wonderful art style, and a ton of content to play through including earning medals for each level and unlocking achievements. Every once in a while a game comes along that just feels right on this platform, and Vikings Row! is one of those games." http://bit.ly/96YDov

Pocket Gamer: "Adding to the experience are various sail customization options for your boat, and an achievement system, which seems to be an I-play special. Together with neat presentation, it all adds up to a nice little package." http://bit.ly/95yliE

Gizmodo: It's harder than I thought (to be a virtual Viking), which means it was a whole lot of fun. http://gizmo.do/bGn6RX

148 Apps (4/5 Stars): What makes Vikings Row! special is the way that the app goes about letting you control the ship. Instead of some kind of arbitrary accelerometer system, the game uses a control system that mirrors the way the Vikings would actually be rowing. http://bit.ly/9V4Hfa

Game On Mac: Retailing for under a buck, arcade Viking players can't lose. http://bit.ly/9HaTCX

Touch My Apps: There are also hidden challenges that will allow you to earn more than 15 awards. It might not be a pirates life for them, but it still sounds like fun. http://bit.ly/d7xZ86

The Vikings are raiding the App Store! Steer your Viking longship through mysterious and treacherous waters in search of gold!

DUDE, WHERES MY GOLD?
Bjorn and his rag-tag crew have pillaged their way to a massive fortune. But after a wild night of partying, they wake up with a terrible hangover and realize they lost their fortuneuff da! Your mission is Take control of their longship and recover the lost gold!

ROW, VIKINGS! ROW!!
Row and steer your Viking ship and collect enough coins before the time runs out! Enjoy unique yet simple gesture controls: swipe either side of the boat to steer and swipe both sides to make your lily-livered crew row!

AN EXTRAORDINARY JOURNEY
Complete 48 exciting levels full of treacherous traps and mystical dangers that can take out your crew and sink your Longship! Try to win the gold shield on each level and complete hidden challenges to earn more than 15 awards!

VIKINGS? WHAT THE HEL?!
Lead your wild crew through 6 amazing Vikings worlds: their home Midgard, the Maelstrom underworld, the inside of Hron the whale, the icy world of Niflheim, the lava rivers of Hel and finally the warrior playgrounds of Valhalla!

GO BERSERK!
Find the power-up that makes your Vikings go Berserk! Nothing can hurt them but they can destroy everything on their way...Viking-style!

PIMP YOUR LONGSHIP!
Customize your boat with a wide selection of fun sails to unlock. Sign up for the newsletter to unlock special sails!

ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
Fully iOS4 compliant (including multitasking)
Beautiful, colorful graphics built for Retina Display
iPod library support: listen to your own music while playing

FOLLOW US: twitter.com/iplaygaming
FIND US: facebook.com/iplaygaming
WATCH OUR VIDEOS: youtube.com/user/IplayMobileGaming

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time.

Price in NZ is $1.29 which should translate to USD $0.99

Quote:
The Vikings are raiding the App Store! Guide a rowdy crew of Vikings in an adventure on the treacherous waters of six crazy mythical worlds in search of gold and glory!

DUDE, WHERES MY GOLD?
Bjorn and his rag-tag crew have pillaged their way to a massive fortune. But after a wild night of partying, they wake up with a terrible hangover and realize they lost their fortuneuff da! Your mission is to recover their gold and make it to Valhalla.

ROW, VIKINGS! ROW!!
Row and steer your Viking ship and collect enough coins before the time runs out! Enjoy unique yet simple touchscreen controls: swipe your fingers on either side of the boat to steer it!

WHAT THE HEL? VIKINGS?!
Lead this cantankerous crew through six amazing Vikings worlds: their home Midgard, the Maelstrom underworld, the inside of a whale, the icy world of Niflgard, the lava rivers of Hel and finally the warrior playgrounds of Valhalla!

AN EXTRAORDINARY JOURNEY
Complete 48 exciting levels full of crazy dangers that can take out your crew and sink your ship! Try to win the gold shield at each level and complete challenges to earn all 15 awards!

GO BERSERK!
Find the power-up that make your Vikings go Berserk! Nothing can hurt them but they can destroy everything on their way...Viking-style!

PIMP YOUR LONGSHIP!
Customize your boat a wide selection of fun sails to unlock. Sign up for the newsletter to unlock special sails! !

ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
* Fully iOS4 compliant (including multitasking)!
* Beautiful, colorful graphics built for Retina Display
* iPod library support : listen to your own music

FOLLOW US: twitter.com/iplaygaming
FIND US: facebook.com/iplaygaming
WATCH OUR VIDEOS: youtube.com/user/IplayMobileGaming

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time.

Price in NZ is $1.29 which should translate to USD $0.99
09-29-2010, 06:04 AM
Wow looks cool. Any videos?

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.

09-29-2010, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord-sam View Post
Wow looks cool. Any videos?

Follow TGT on: YouTube twitter facebook

OpenFeint, Game Center, Plus+ & Crystal ID: TheGameTrail
Gameloft LIVE! ID: DavidTGT
09-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Sweet!

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
09-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Anyone know about the controls? Don't see any directionals so hoping it is not just tilt.
09-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Anyone know about the controls? Don't see any directionals so hoping it is not just tilt.
It's in the app description up there.

"Enjoy unique yet simple touchscreen controls: swipe your fingers on either side of the boat to steer it!"

InvertY.com - A gaming diary.
09-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRevChap View Post
It's in the app description up there.

"Enjoy unique yet simple touchscreen controls: swipe your fingers on either side of the boat to steer it!"
Hey, I am head of design at I-play, we are really excited about the controls, so glad you asked!

What are the controls?
We are trying to innovate and find new ways to play games on the iphone! So Vikings Row! is entirely designed around a simple rowing gesture scheme. To play the game players must swipe either side of the Viking longship as if their fingers were oars!

Swiping one finger will make the boat turn, swiping both sides at the same time will make the boat move forward or backwards. In practice its very cool!

We designed the entire game around this mechanic, you will find crazy dangers and monsters appear in later levels to test your skills. We also take you on a crazy ride through ice worlds, hell and the insides of a Whale!

Hopefully you can grab a copy of the game and let us know what you think.

Thanks.
09-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
This looks like a genuinely fun game

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
09-29-2010, 10:00 AM
I'll probably add this to my list of impulse buys for the week. I love I-play.

Invaders Must Die.
09-29-2010, 10:06 AM
looks good!!!!