★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Knockem all out with your iPhone or iPod Touch

03-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Knockem all out with your iPhone or iPod Touch

Hello from eBattalion. We are writing to let you know of a new game recently released on the iTunes App Store, Knockem. The game costs less than one dollar and is sure to provide endless entertainment, particularly if you have children. Read on for a description of the game, and click here to download.

Description:

Alien creatures have infested the micro-landscape of your space lab and it’s up to you to stop them from destroying your ship. Using the distinctly unique Space Ball, the only weapon capable of taking on these crazy creatures, you will try and Knockem all out before they enter the ships main transporter, the red Warp Zone.

This game is designed primarily for kids, but does however have an addictive nature to it that even teenagers and adults will find engaging.

Knockem is one of the only games in the App Store to feature Bomboosh, Blue Flame, Gloomy, Pearl, Eggy, and the one and only Spange. Knockem all out today!

How to get the game:

You can download Knockem directly to your iPhone or iPod Touch via the App Store on your device. Simply search for eBattalion or Knockem. Alternatively you can download the game from iTunes with this link.

Visit eBattalion for more…
03-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBattalion View Post

Hello from eBattalion. We are writing to let you know of a new game recently released on the iTunes App Store, Knockem. The game costs less than one dollar and is sure to provide endless entertainment, particularly if you have children. Read on for a description of the game, and click here to download.

Description:

Alien creatures have infested the micro-landscape of your space lab and it’s up to you to stop them from destroying your ship. Using the distinctly unique Space Ball, the only weapon capable of taking on these crazy creatures, you will try and Knockem all out before they enter the ships main transporter, the red Warp Zone.

This game is designed primarily for kids, but does however have an addictive nature to it that even teenagers and adults will find engaging.

Knockem is one of the only games in the App Store to feature Bomboosh, Blue Flame, Gloomy, Pearl, Eggy, and the one and only Spange. Knockem all out today!

How to get the game:

You can download Knockem directly to your iPhone or iPod Touch via the App Store on your device. Simply search for eBattalion or Knockem. Alternatively you can download the game from iTunes with this link.

Visit eBattalion for more…
your for fans of keywords are pretty misleading, you put a lot of ones that have no remote relation to your game, just to have them pop up during a search. I imagine there is no rule against this, but I just feel it to be slightly dishonest. I'm sure nobody else will think so, that tends to be the trend with my opinions. To me its like opening a a place to eat and saying it's just like mcdonalds, but we have none of the same food, nothing tastes the same, and the kids don't like it as much. However as long as we got your money, we don't care. Just keep it in mind, you don't have to reply to it, I just feel it's a little slimey.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*

03-11-2009, 03:23 PM
i like that part from app description:

Recommended for fans of Tetris, Bejeweled, Pac-Man, Nintendo, Wii, Xbox Live, Sony PSP, DS, EA, Sega, Popcap, Real, Namco, I-Play, Gameloft, Solitaire, Texas Poker, Touch Hockey, PapiJump, Line Rider, Scrabble, Monopoly, Flick Fishing, Tap Tap Revenge, Labyrinth, ngmoco, Big Fish Games, Topple, Guitar Hero, and definitely Super Mario.

WTF?!?!?!
03-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
your for fans of keywords are pretty misleading, you put a lot of ones that have no remote relation to your game, just to have them pop up during a search. I imagine there is no rule against this, but I just feel it to be slightly dishonest. I'm sure nobody else will think so, that tends to be the trend with my opinions. To me its like opening a a place to eat and saying it's just like mcdonalds, but we have none of the same food, nothing tastes the same, and the kids don't like it as much. However as long as we got your money, we don't care. Just keep it in mind, you don't have to reply to it, I just feel it's a little slimey.
Oh, somebody else thinks so. It's called keyword spam, and its sole purpose is to turn keyword searches into useless steaming piles because whatever you're looking for that's actually relevant to your search terms gets buried in mountains of keyword-spamming crap. Whenever I see that I immediately dismiss the person/company that did it as just fishing for clicks while ignoring the fact that they just made the search function just a little bit more useless.

Thus, eBattalion becomes the newest name on my not-to-be-acknowledged list.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

Last edited by Mindfield; 03-11-2009 at 03:38 PM.
03-11-2009, 03:34 PM
it used to be so nice when I could type in "tower defense" and get all the tower defense games, nowI have to get all this crap that is like it, but not really. I will be staying away from this dev as well

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
03-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pante View Post

Recommended for fans of Tetris, Bejeweled, Pac-Man, Nintendo, Wii, Xbox Live, Sony PSP, DS, EA, Sega, Popcap, Real, Namco, I-Play, Gameloft, Solitaire, Texas Poker, Touch Hockey, PapiJump, Line Rider, Scrabble, Monopoly, Flick Fishing, Tap Tap Revenge, Labyrinth, ngmoco, Big Fish Games, Topple, Guitar Hero, and definitely Super Mario.

WTF?!?!?!
Glad to know I wasn't the only one confused by this. I have to say that I'm a big fan of Bejeweled, though, so this game really must be for me

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
03-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pante View Post

WTF?!?!?!
They might as well of put "For fans of video games, and food and water..."
lol
03-11-2009, 03:51 PM
According to the description...everyone should love it. If you have ever liked a video game in your entire life...this one's for you.
03-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Yikes! It would appear the developer has never taken a course in business ethics.
03-11-2009, 06:10 PM
About keywords

I actually have one of their games (not this one) and it's pretty good. I think they are a small company though and just following bigger companies, for example:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=304904838&mt=8

Keywords are almost identical. Blame the big companies.