★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Eurasiasoft
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 114.3 MB
  • Version: 2.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Come home to the classics. Orbital Hive is a modern top down vertical scroll shooter game adapted with a early 90s feel and flavour that you remember from growing up during the golden age of gaming.

Aliens have invaded Earth! You must pilot a futuristic combat spacecraft through a series of terrestrial and extraterrestrial stages, fighting swarms of space-aged enemies and bosses to free the Earth. You're not defenseless - use rockets, bombs, lasers and machine-guns to aid you through your missions. Battle through beautiful countrysides, futuristic cities and eventually Earths orbit to challenge the aliens planetary navy! Lead humanity to freedom.

Features:
-3 Unique and Challenging Levels
-18 Fearsome Enemy types
-3 Powerful Bosses
-Use Lasers, Bombs, Rockets and Machine Guns
-Collect Power-Ups and Goodies
-Electronic Music & Sound Effects
-Accelerometer Support
-Score Board
-Supports iOS 4.0

Highly recommend game if you love the following legendary titles: Raiden, Aerofighters, 1942, 1944, 1945

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Quote:
Come home to the classics. Orbital Hive is a modern top down vertical scroll shooter game adapted with a early 90s feel and flavour that you remember from growing up during the golden age of gaming.

Aliens have invaded Earth! You must pilot a futuristic combat spacecraft through a series of terrestrial and extraterrestrial stages, fighting swarms of space-aged enemies and bosses to free the Earth. You're not defenseless - use rockets, bombs, lasers and machine-guns to aid you through your missions. Battle through beautiful countrysides, futuristic cities and eventually Earths orbit to challenge the aliens planetary navy! Lead humanity to freedom.

Features:
-3 Unique and Challenging Levels
-18 Fearsome Enemy types
-3 Powerful Bosses
-Use Lasers, Bombs, Rockets and Machine Guns
-Collect Power-Ups and Goodies
-Electronic Music & Sound Effects
-Accelerometer Support
-Score Board
-Supports iOS 4.0

Highly recommend game if you love the following legendary titles: Raiden, Aerofighters, 1942, 1944, 1945
10-20-2010, 05:42 PM
New HD gameplay video is out of this game

Wow, great to see someone taking an interest in my game!

Hi, I'm Bart, I'm the indie developer that made this game. 'The Orbital Hive' is the first video game I've ever made in my life; hopefully, it won't be my last either! lol.

I've attached a new HD video of the gameplay which can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLTHmsIMIos

If anyone has any suggestion or complaints, feel free to let me know.

Thanks for the support Touch Arcade!
05-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
If anyone has any suggestion or complaints, feel free to let me know.

Thanks for the support Touch Arcade!
I can't stand the controls...

Tilt controls for a shmup are not good at all... Especially since you need to tilt your iPod forward at an angle that disrupts gameplay.. And it can't be changed.

Please add relative touch controls... Even touch controls that arnt relative would be a step up from where it is now...

As it is, this game is inplayable.
06-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
and I have tried to contact the dev of this game NUMEROUS times, only to be ignored, and then blocked, all for asking if he could add some touch controls...

totally DO NOT recommend this game, because it's never going to be updated or changed... which sucks, because I really REALLY do want to like this game... =o(