★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iJewels a.k.a Jewels now available on the App Store

09-30-2010, 03:50 AM
iJewels a.k.a Jewels (now with GameCenter support!)

Greetings! I wanted to announce that my first iOS-game has been approved and is now available on the App Store. It is a completely rewritten port of my Android-game Jewels, greatly improved for the iDevices. If you happen to have tried the Android-version, I do recommend trying this as well, it really is a quite a lot better. Especially on an iPhone 4.

The game is a simple yet highly polished match-3 game similar to the original Bewejeled and the Russian game Shariki. Now with Game Center support! EDIT: I cannot get the App info tag to work, here is a normal link:

iJewels on the App Store

PS. If anybody could test it on an iPad and report to me, I'd be grateful. It should work (letterboxed and in 2x-mode), but I don't have the device and the iPad simulator doesn't want to run it as it is not an Universal-app, so I've been unable to test it there. UPDATE: It works fine.

Thanks for the interest; if you like the game I'd really appreciate if you left a review at the iTunes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jewelsgc.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	24916  
Attached Images

Last edited by mh114; 10-27-2010 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Updated title.
09-30-2010, 08:04 AM
I enjoyed your jewel game on the phone
And I do agree with you it is better on the iPad
Really very playable
Looking forward to more games from you, dude

---
check out my iphone apps blurbs at http://secentral.net/forum/index.php?topic=16512.0

09-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrykong View Post
I enjoyed your jewel game on the phone
And I do agree with you it is better on the iPad
Really very playable
Looking forward to more games from you, dude
Thanks henrykong! Do you mean that it's better on iPhones than on Android-devices, since that's what I meant?

In any case, it's been confirmed that the game works on iPad as well, as it should.
09-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah
On gphone, the touch is not always as precise
Otherwise as far as I can remember
Gameplay the same

Will u be adding bonuses and explosions to spice up?

An otherwise most playable game
- been at it the better part of the hour last night
Would have played longer except I want to respond to your question

---
check out my iphone apps blurbs at http://secentral.net/forum/index.php?topic=16512.0
10-02-2010, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrykong View Post
Will u be adding bonuses and explosions to spice up?
Well, it is the most requested feature to have powerups in the game, but I've been a bit hesitant for two reasons: (1) It would require reseting the global high scores, of which there is plenty. (2) I kinda like the game the way it is: very simple. Of course, were I to do a sequel or deluxe version etc. I would obviously add stuff to make it more interesting, but I'm still unsure about the sequel. I think I want to do something else; counting all versions I've been (re)making this game for the past three years. : (Luckily not full time )

Anyway I have been planning to add another game mode, something with given time limit, probably a couple of minutes.
10-17-2010, 02:14 AM
Version 1.2 is nearly finished

Just a heads up: the next version (v1.2) will add Game Center support and a new game mode! (Among other, smaller, things.)
10-17-2010, 02:19 AM
Just downloaded the game, it is very nice. Very smooth and nice gameplay.
GameCenter will be really nice.
10-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeCat View Post
Just downloaded the game, it is very nice. Very smooth and nice gameplay.
GameCenter will be really nice.
Thanks StrangeCat! The update has just been submitted for review.
10-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Version 1.2 is up!

iJewels v1.2 is now available, including the Game Center support and a brand new game mode!