Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Go Native! by Loopycube (+Free version)

Free version

Go Native! is the best multiplayer non-trivia trivia game out there. It asks you questions, which you need to answer just like any other trivia game; however you don’t need to *know* anything to win. We don’t care if you know how to square root pi, nor do we care if you know who the last person was that played as Alvin the chipmunk.

What we do care about is what you think other people know about the subject. The people who successfully predict what the majority of players will answer get ahead, they get coconuts and they get a chance for a peek at the legendary Princess Mango. Of course, predicting what 30 people may answer to ‘Would you rather be in a plane that’s on fire or a submarine with a leak?’ is a tough call! Not to mention, next game you could be in a game filled with Michael Phelps clones so the right answer can change at any time. With well over 600 questions and new questions added daily, don’t expect to get a second shot at answering that question you just missed any time soon.

That’s right, I said 30 people. We even have hopes for larger event style 100+ player games in the future (but that is uncoded and untested... so you didn’t hear it from me.)

Retina display graphics and Game Center have been added to the game.
You can submit questions to the already existing thread in Touch Arcade (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=68152) or on our Facebook page (http://facebook.com/loopycube)

We're currently working on special weekend events! Get ready to see themed questions and many more players!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Blackharon; 01-06-2011 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: Added Free version link
Old 09-30-2010, 11:47 AM

I like this game, nice little distraction, It's a little slow, average game lasting about 5-10 min. But really makes you think... Some of the questions are pretty silly...
Old 10-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
I like this game, nice little distraction, It's a little slow, average game lasting about 5-10 min. But really makes you think... Some of the questions are pretty silly...
Thanks! One of the things we're looking into for the next release is speeding the game up. Our playtesters all enjoyed the fact that they could play Go Native! while eating breakfast or opening coconuts or whatever they happened to be doing, but we have received a few comments asking for it to be sped up.

An idea we had was to add more for you to do instead of speeding up the game, would that be something that interests you?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:48 AM

Yes more things to do would be great! I also have a few more suggestions, and one big question, why do I always land on the island just before the princess bouncing me back 2 islands?! What's the trick here?

Also I would like a menu item to be able to submit questions, that could be cool. I love the swan hatch computer in the settings thought that was great, and I'm really starting to believe the princess is a lie, because everytime I get close to winning her heart I get bounced back 2 islands!!!

Keep it coming, I'm excited for the GC update, and I don't know how more people haven't jumped in on this!
Old 10-01-2010, 11:13 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I tried this game out yesterday and I find it really fun. I like the pace of the game because it allows me to do other things while playing. If it's too fast, then I have to really keep an eye on it, but if it's too slow, then I may forget about it altogether.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
Yes more things to do would be great! I also have a few more suggestions, and one big question, why do I always land on the island just before the princess bouncing me back 2 islands?! What's the trick here?

Also I would like a menu item to be able to submit questions, that could be cool. I love the swan hatch computer in the settings thought that was great, and I'm really starting to believe the princess is a lie, because everytime I get close to winning her heart I get bounced back 2 islands!!!

Keep it coming, I'm excited for the GC update, and I don't know how more people haven't jumped in on this!
The back island is there for 2 reasons. For the coconut hunters who are far ahead of the rest they can bounce back and get extra coconuts. For the slowpokes, they have a chance to catch up. (While playtesting our players found that before we introduced the back island if they missed a single answer it was nearly impossible to win). If you want to avoid it, you need to wait until the volcano rolls a number that won't land you on that spot. Always check the minimap for the green island to see where you will go before you decide which answer you want (as occasionally you may not want to advance).

On our to-do list is to add the in game submit a question feature. It won't be for version 1.1 because the other updates are taking precedence, but it will come one day. For now you can go here and submit as many as you like: Submit a question on Touch Arcade

Where have you heard that the princess is a lie? People who won a game will certainly tell you that Mango is at the end waiting on her throne.

Last edited by Blackharon; 10-01-2010 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: Added smiley
Old 10-01-2010, 03:55 PM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), OS 3.x

great game! i think the time is perfect,any longer then i'd forget,any quicker and i'd feel rushed.

would like to see more fill in the blank questions though,not actual questions but more chances to do them,that's when i really feel like im playing against others.

trying to come up with a few questions for you also,i have a few so far.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:00 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I want to play this game but it keeps sayin its down. its been down for 3 days?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:02 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxfan101010 View Post
I want to play this game but it keeps sayin its down. its been down for 3 days?
I don't think so, I was able to play yesterday (along with 50-ish other people)
Old 10-02-2010, 08:00 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I still can not play the game says it under matinence