★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ScrewAttack LLC
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 19.3 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: NOW ONLY 99 CENTS!

Texting and action combine in Texting of the Bread! Protect the world from an evil scientist and his horde of zombie gingerbread men. Use your texting skills to annihilate the delicious enemies with your trusty cow and milk gun.

Texting of the Bread features hours of level gameplay and a limitless survival mode. Unlock all the games secrets to continue with hours of new crazy fun.

Features arcade, freeplay, and survival modes, facebook integration, achievements, and hours of gameplay. 75 regular levels and lots of hidden secrets.
09-30-2010, 03:35 PM
I just bought the iPhone version and now i find the iPad one on sale, and that's obviously the choice given the large keyboard of the Pad. Could the devs next time tell about 2 versions coming out since i can afford every iPhone/iPad version of the same game? Thanks.

09-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprone View Post
I just bought the iPhone version and now i find the iPad one on sale, and that's obviously the choice given the large keyboard of the Pad. Could the devs next time tell about 2 versions coming out since i can afford every iPhone/iPad version of the same game? Thanks.
This is an on going problem. I think that big companies like Gameloft do it on purpose because people like me will buy the iPhone game and then the iPad game. Not sure about small devs but it happens a lot.

I may pick this up, I almost bought the iPhone version yesterday.
09-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
This is an on going problem. I think that big companies like Gameloft do it on purpose because people like me will buy the iPhone game and then the iPad game. Not sure about small devs but it happens a lot.

I may pick this up, I almost bought the iPhone version yesterday.
I think that in a game like this, there's a big difference between the two version, with the iPad easily winning over the other due to the keyboard that's more easy to use.
A universal app should have been the right choice, so everyone could decide for himself which version play, and talking about this, "Blue Defense: Second Wave", that came out yesterday, is a very good example, offering at the minimum price the universal application and a very good value indeed.
Now, i find with a game already bought, and obviously with a great temptation over the HD version, and i already know that i'll buy that either.
It's not the first time, it won't be the last for sure, but it sounds not so fair to me as a customer, that's all.

Last edited by Caprone; 09-30-2010 at 04:07 PM.
09-30-2010, 03:55 PM
It's a fun game on the iPhone 4, and hopefully the HD version is better.

First, there's no vibration in the iPad, so you won't be forced to have the vibrating crap on the bosses which you can't turn on.

Second, hopefully the keyboard isn't as blurry...

*sigh*

I guess I'll download it, too. Ticks me off that there was no indication this version was coming out.
09-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
I guess I'll download it, too. Ticks me off that there was no indication this version was coming out.
I can only agree with you (read my post above).
09-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Well... got it. Definitely more fun to play on the iPad than iPhone. It's prettier on the iPad EXCEPT the completely disgusting keyboard, which looks scaled from the completely disgusting iPhone version keyboard.

Not... happy. How is that acceptable?
09-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
EXCEPT the completely disgusting keyboard, which looks scaled from the completely disgusting iPhone version keyboard.

Not... happy. How is that acceptable?
Ok, it doesn't detract from the fun of the game, but it looks kinda strange that they scaled the keyboard from the iPhone version. Don't know if i'll pass over this issue and buy it..
09-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprone View Post
They did mention that an iPad version was coming, but you had to read it in the comments section when they posted it on the front page of TouchArcade.
09-30-2010, 05:13 PM

Screen from the next update.

I'm director for the studio that developed Texting of the Bread. Long story short, we ran into some technical issues with the keyboard (lame, I know). The next free update will have the hi-res keyboard. You have my word.