★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Dreamix Studio
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 16.8 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Review iPhonefootprint: Puck it is where the fun is at!

Puck it (full version) takes the original idea and brings it to the now and here! Still you need to simply score by getting the ball past your opponent, but you will battle it out (in full version) in 2 completely styled en various arena's to start with, collect power ups to create chaos and you will not need to do it all alone. Puck it allows you to play multiplayer 1 vs 1 mode.

For less then 1 dollar you will own all the content and be able to play for months by yourself and against friends , colleges, family or just a stranger on the bus. Easy to pick up for 5 minutes on the go, or to play over and over again. The light version will give you a taste of the Light version features: - 1 styled arena - Unlimited solo play - Listen to your music while playing

Full version features:
- 6 completely styled arena with each there own ball, paddles, theme & animations
- Multiplayer mode 1 versus 1 for you and your friends and family.
- 6 powerups (reverse, freeze, powerslug, swap score etc.)
- Customize the game settings so you control the way you play (time, score, difficulty)
- Collect all 10 achievements
- Listen to your music while playing

Dreamix Studio's comments:
Hey all,

As a new iPad game development studio we like to announce our first game (Modern Pong HD) is in the app store now!


Modern Pong takes the original idea and brings it to the now and here! Still you need to simply score by getting the ball past your opponent, but you will battle it out (in full version) in 2 completely styled en various arena's to start with, the possibility to purchase more map packs, collect power ups to create chaos and you will not need to do it all alone. Modern Pong Full allows you to play multiplayer 1 vs 1 mode. And thanks to the instore you will be able to purchase premium map packs in the future so the game play will stay fresh.





Check out the app in the appstore or on our minisite
10-01-2010, 09:25 AM
#2
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,244
I have owned this for a while and it is an excellent game. It is a cool take on pong that has an air hockey feel to it. The two player mode and power ups are great.

I also bought the extra maps and I am very happy with the overall product.

10-01-2010, 12:57 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I have owned this for a while and it is an excellent game. It is a cool take on pong that has an air hockey feel to it. The two player mode and power ups are great.

I also bought the extra maps and I am very happy with the overall product.
Your comment is for single player mode? The problem is how hard it is to program an AI particularly for such a direct game even if this pong has also power up, obstacles, map elements. For example make the AI use well but not too well the power up seems a difficult task.
10-01-2010, 02:39 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Slagelse, Denmark
Posts: 63
Hm sounds to me more like "ingame app store will allow us to charge for new content". Not very attractive. Any plan for free updates with new content?
10-01-2010, 02:49 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Your comment is for single player mode? The problem is how hard it is to program an AI particularly for such a direct game even if this pong has also power up, obstacles, map elements. For example make the AI use well but not too well the power up seems a difficult task.
Not sure I understand your question. There is AI for single player play but I wouldn't buy this game if you have no one to play against. AI is okay but the fun comes from taking on a human player. The power ups as well as the extra maps are great.

If they keep putting good maps out, I will probably buy them. In the ocean level for example, your ball can get lost for a second in the shadow of a shark.
10-01-2010, 06:48 PM
#6
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Not sure I understand your question. There is AI for single player play but I wouldn't buy this game if you have no one to play against. AI is okay but the fun comes from taking on a human player. The power ups as well as the extra maps are great.

If they keep putting good maps out, I will probably buy them. In the ocean level for example, your ball can get lost for a second in the shadow of a shark.
Thanks for the precision but you are a fan of multiplayer games so not sure I can be confident in your evaluation of single play for a multiplayer game. But I saw there's a lite version so I'll see how I feel it by myself.


10-01-2010, 06:59 PM
#7
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,609
So I tried a little the demo with one arena, not bad, going get the full version.

If arena show some diversity that will be a good game for me, enough distracting for a quick game with a bit more tension than in games like Brick Breaker. But I can see why it's more for multiplayer.
10-01-2010, 09:30 PM
#8
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
So I tried a little the demo with one arena, not bad, going get the full version.

If arena show some diversity that will be a good game for me, enough distracting for a quick game with a bit more tension than in games like Brick Breaker. But I can see why it's more for multiplayer.
To be clear I said I wouldn't buy this game unless you had someone to play against. So, I think that it is pretty clear that I was not recommending this as a single player game.

This is a very good multiplayer game but a pretty thin single player experience.
10-02-2010, 05:29 AM
#9
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,609
I didn't wrote I disagree with you after to have try the demo, for me it's not a kind of game I have in single play but some less good and I like have it for some quick sessions even if the gameplay isn't deep. But I totally agree with your conclusions, not a game to buy for single player mode only.
10-02-2010, 06:01 AM
#10
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10
Thanks all for the replies!

We try to listen to the users so we can improve our apps.

Just a quick thing about singleplayer: There's a option to set the difficulty in the 'Rules/Settings' screen. Normally it's on medium, but can you beat it on harder mode? We played our game for hours and still have trouble beating the 'insane' difficulty .

Modern Pong is a fun game, specially playing multiplayer. Taking on a friend gives the best experience, even when you lose in the last 5 seconds of a match thanks to a 'scoreswap' powerup..

@BazookaTime
Good to hear you like our app! Did you tried the hard/insane difficulty so singleplayer will be a better experience?

@Jacobtf
Thanks for your reply. Some developers need a in-app store. Creating maps takes alot of time. We need to create game elements, graphics, sounds etc. For only one buck you will get 4 new styled maps.

@Qordobo
Good to hear you like it as a multiplayer game. What kind of diversity would you like to see more in the maps?