★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Take on the role of the Commando, an elite one man army with only one task: Taking on the Nazi Army and saving the free world!

Commando is a dual-stick Run N' Gun shooter with a variety of gameplay types to make for an excellent pick up and play value! Now you too have a chance at being the Hero of the Free World!

Utilize an arsenal of weapons from the World War 2 era, including the powerful MG42 and the devasting Bazooka.

Choose from 6 perks to help improve your war against the Nazi forces! Choose "Art of War" to increase your score or Iron Hide to improve your health.

Fight across locations in in France and bring the fight straight to Berlin!

Includes a 12 mission campaign with 3 difficulty levels along with a variety of skirmish/arcade modes, such as Last Stand and Rocket Rampage.

Fun and energetic artwork that goes great on any iDevice!

Fully optimized social leaderboards through OpenFeint.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Quote:
Take on the role of the Commando, an elite one man army with only one task: Taking on the Nazi Army and saving the free world!

Commando is a dual-stick Run N' Gun shooter with a variety of gameplay types to make for an excellent pick up and play value! Now you too have a chance at being the Hero of the Free World!

√ Utilize an arsenal of weapons from the World War 2 era, including the powerful MG42 and the devasting Bazooka.

√ Fight across locations in in France and bring the fight straight to Berlin!

√ Includes a 12 mission campaign with 3 difficulty levels along with a variety of skirmish/arcade modes, such as Last Stand and Rocket Rampage.

√ Fun and energetic artwork that goes great on any iDevice!

√ Fully optimized social leaderboards through OpenFeint.
10-01-2010, 10:26 AM
yeAH!

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

10-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Awesome its out! Any impressions?

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
10-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the thread!

Also, thank you to all the patriotic Americans out there who helped us making it to Top 86 in Action in Kuwait! We owe you bunches!

Promo code to the first person to say "I love going Commando" in Kuwaitinese!

We Are Pocket Monkey Games
Website | Twitter | Facebook

Our Games on the AppStore
10-03-2010, 11:36 PM
In Arabic (according to Google Translator):
أنا أحب الذهاب المغوار
10-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Game Impressions

Fun dual stick side-scrolling shooter, the gameplay definitely has a good action feel to it. Lots of shooting and yelling and stereotypical nazi german accents going on as they attack you and you run and gun your way through them. I really dig this game, the dual stick controls are like something you'd normally see in an overhead shooter game but they work very well in this game, in many ways the aiming is better and more accurate than most other sideview shooters, you can even angle your shots. Now the character can move from side to side quickly with the left stick, but he also can move up, down and around in the environment he's in, so it doesn't feel like you're stuck on a side move only ledge so to speak. The character is agile, which is good for dodging enemies/bullets, movement is smooth. Throughout the game you pick up plenty of enemy weapons/ammo and can use many different weapons by switching to them during gameplay. Occasionally defeated enemies will drop health boxes for you to pick up as well.

Included in the game is a campaign mode and a skirmish mode. Each level of the campaign mode requires you to complete a set objective without running out of health to finish the level, the campaign never seems to get boring because each level has you fullfilling a different task. The game features a perk system, every few levels you can level up certain attributes/weapons to make your character stronger/better as you advance. At the end of each stage or level you will be shown a stats screen of how well you did, your accuracy, # of enemies killed, and total score. You also have the immediate option to retry the level if you want.

In the skirmish modes you can choose to play game types survival, rocket rampage, or last stand. Survival mode is fairly difficult in this game, and covers amount of kills and distance. Rocket Rampage is basically is like a survival mode with a bazooka. The last stand mode is a similar type of surivival gameplay to the first 2. The enemy A.I. seems a little more difficult in the skirmish modes than in the campaign.

I would say the graphics and animations in this game are pretty good in a cartoony way. I commented previously about the sounds, they are good as well, with some decent background music going on, enemies yelling and plenty of gunfire/action noises. The gameplay is solid in this game mainly because of the controls and the fact that the game runs smooth, at least on my 3GS phone where I play it on it does. I recommend this to anyone who is interested, plenty of fun.

Here's a few suggestion for improvement:

The game could use a few more enemy types added. Also, once you die on any level you are forced to restart from the beginning, so in a way this game is like a pickup and play arcade type game. It would be nice if some sort of save system or level select screen were added so once you've unlocked the levels you could continue where you left off, the perks you gain should be kept too once unlocked. So its obvious a few things could be added in an update to make the game a little better, but so far, as it is now its pretty darn good.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
10-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
In Arabic (according to Google Translator):
أنا أحب الذهاب المغوار
Err...well... ok then... Sending you a promo code!

10-04-2010, 12:54 AM
controls are MEH!
you should work on the controls [dual sticks]
its hard to aim with them

eh
10-04-2010, 01:02 AM
I thought they were ok, I mean its not like you need to go for headshots or anything, its more of an arcade game.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
10-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
I thought they were ok, I mean its not like you need to go for headshots or anything, its more of an arcade game.
We definitely aimed for a quick pick up and play game not focused on the technical side of things.