Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-11-2009, 09:01 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Game by Don Bluth creator of Dragon's Lair - Banjo

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307362474&mt=8

Hey guys a new game was just released and it's made by the creators of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace. I'm downloading now will post reviews soon. Maybe we might get a Space Ace or Dragon's Lair on the iphone finally.

Last edited by radchad1; 03-11-2009 at 09:03 PM..
Old 03-11-2009, 09:11 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Default Looks interesting

This looks interesting. I must say that I LOL when I saw the screenshot in the App Store where he is trying to escape the jaws of the wolf!

Please post your thoughts and feedback when you have been able to play it. I'm wondering if it it too childish and aimed too much at young children?

Last edited by snow_mani; 03-11-2009 at 09:20 PM..
Old 03-11-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radchad1 View Post
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307362474&mt=8

Hey guys a new game was just released and it's made by the creators of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace. I'm downloading now will post reviews soon. Maybe we might get a Space Ace or Dragon's Lair on the iphone finally.
I would be absolutely over the moon if "Dragon's Lair" were ever to be ported to the Itouch/Iphone. I remember feeding fifty cents into the machine (twice the price of other games...such as Pac Man) and thinking that DL had to the most amazing game ever.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:37 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post
This looks interesting. I must say that I LOL when I saw the screenshot in the App Store where he is trying to escape the jaws of the wolf!

Please post your thoughts and feedback when you have been able to play it. I'm wondering if it it too childish and aimed too much at young children?
I've had about twenty plus mins with the game. It's exactly like a Dragon's Lair/Space Ace game. The screen has the lighting areas and you need to move the character in that direction. I don't think the game is too childish it's fun. Not only is it fun, it brings back the old days of me playing Time Warp in the Arcades and Space Ace and Dragon's Lair on my Sega CD.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:48 PM

Are the production values as high as would be suggested by Don Bluth's involvement?

I think I'm about to buy this game.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:02 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gootch12 View Post
Are the production values as high as would be suggested by Don Bluth's involvement?

I think I'm about to buy this game.
I think this game is as close to Dragon's Lair as possible, right now. I hope the sales of this game are strong so Don Bluth brings us Space Ace and Dragon's Lair for iphone/touch. I can see myself playing the hell out of this just as a quick pick-up and play. Not sure how long the game actually is, though. It's really fun and has that Don Bluth charm when the character is killed by pressing in the wrong direction.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radchad1 View Post
I think this game is as close to Dragon's Lair as possible, right now. I hope the sales of this game are strong so Don Bluth brings us Space Ace and Dragon's Lair for iphone/touch. I can see myself playing the hell out of this just as a quick pick-up and play. Not sure how long the game actually is, though. It's really fun and has that Don Bluth charm when the character is killed by pressing in the wrong direction.
Sold.

Downloading now.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:21 PM

Any videos will help us.Graphics looks good.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:23 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

What's the initial take on this? It's a 144mb monster to download so I'm more concerned about that than the price. I grew up with Dragon's Lair and this looks just as good.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:40 PM

YES, do tell us. I can't wait for impressions!