★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: So I just bought Appsniper...

03-11-2009, 09:52 PM
So I just bought Appsniper...

Give me some games worth waiting for the always awesome "$.99 price drop!"
03-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by learjetzoom View Post
Give me some games worth waiting for the always awesome "$.99 price drop!"
well, at least you tried making it unique...
but anyway, welcome, and it depends on your taste, quick, post your favorite genres!!

http://www.tenfingersclub.com for fair reviews and the occasional promo code giveaway.
Car Jack Streets is out!!!!Link
Looking forward: Bethesda game, Terminator
I'm Playing Galaxy of fire 3D, Galcon, Watchmen: Justice is Coming, and Black Shades

03-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawslover View Post
well, at least you tried making it unique...
but anyway, welcome, and it depends on your taste, quick, post your favorite genres!!
I am open to anything really. Ive played games from Vay to geoDefense to BrickBreakerDelux2 to textropolis
03-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Hey, I put all my current Apps on the device on the watch list -- it does a way better job notifying me of any updates than the original Store apps....

Go figure.
03-11-2009, 10:06 PM
This doesn't really have to do with the thread but I just felt like saying it. I bought app sniper when it first came out thinking "Hey, this will help me keep track of all the apps I want!" but a few weeks later I reliazed "Wow, I can to the almost the same thing with the built in notes app." So now I just keep a note that says "Apps To Buy" and list them there.

On topic though, Bailout America would be a good game to put on your snipe list. It's on my apps to buy list.
03-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson. View Post
This doesn't really have to do with the thread but I just felt like saying it. I bought app sniper when it first came out thinking "Hey, this will help me keep track of all the apps I want!" but a few weeks later I reliazed "Wow, I can to the almost the same thing with the built in notes app." So now I just keep a note that says "Apps To Buy" and list them there.

On topic though, Bailout America would be a good game to put on your snipe list. It's on my apps to buy list.
I use App Sniper to see new apps before you can find them in the App Store. It's a good way to see the newest added games, for instance. Especially now that Apple seems to be listing the "recently released" games in alphabetical order (UGH).

It's also good for finding out about sales. I don't really use it as a "what to buy" list at all.
03-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I use App Sniper to see new apps before you can find them in the App Store. It's a good way to see the newest added games, for instance. Especially now that Apple seems to be listing the "recently released" games in alphabetical order (UGH).

It's also good for finding out about sales. I don't really use it as a "what to buy" list at all.
Yea, I find it's really good to keep track of what's new. New items are highlighted based on the last time you checked the listings. Very handy.

No DPad - iPhone and iPod Touch gaming. Who says gamers need a dpad?
03-11-2009, 10:37 PM
labyrinth is on sale - dropped from 299 from 699, but you probably already have it. HMMM.... iDracula is about to go up, so buy that..

I'm not doing a very good job of telling you of apps to WAIT for, am I?

PS AppSniper tends to crash a lot, especially if you scroll down before the list has been loaded. Just a word of caution!

First game in progress...
03-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamboy View Post
labyrinth is on sale - dropped from 299 from 699, but you probably already have it. HMMM.... iDracula is about to go up, so buy that..

I'm not doing a very good job of telling you of apps to WAIT for, am I?

PS AppSniper tends to crash a lot, especially if you scroll down before the list has been loaded. Just a word of caution!
Appsniper doesn't crash for me a lot on my ipod touch 2nd generation. It crashed only 3 times in the 4 and a half weeks I have owned it or so.
03-11-2009, 10:43 PM
If you like geodefense. Add Fieldrunners and Sentinel to your snipe list.