App description: Note: if this app is crashing, following the latest update, please delete the app from your device then go back to the App Store and download it again. You will NOT be charged again.

This the sixteenth update of ZX Spectrum: Elite Collection arrived in Dec '13

It contains 13 ZX Spectrum games.

It also contains an in-App shop offering:
- the next twenty four 'Collections' (Vol. #3 to Vol. #26 - priced 1.49/1.59/US$1.99 per volume), each volume containing 6 ZX Spectrum games and
- the first sixty two 'Singles', each priced 0.69/0.79/US$0.99, featuring DARK SCEPTRE - By Mike Singleton

LIMITED TIME OFFER: use the "Buy Vol. 3-25" button to buy the next twenty three 'Collections' (Vol. #3 to Vol. #25) from the in-App 'shop' and SAVE 65% compared to the price of buying each 'Collection' separately.

What We Did Recently:
- launched of the C64: Elite Collection / Free, a pair of Apps for all iOS devices.

What We Did Previously:
- announced that Signed Limited-Edition Collectors Prints are now available to order, from within the app and from http://www.elite-systems.co.uk/elite/htdocs/ltdeditionart.php
- reviewed our plans for updating the App. Settled upon: making two new ZX Spectrum games available to purchase as 'Singles' from the in-App 'shop' every other month, more frequently if possible, commencing Dec 12.
- reviewed our plans for raising awareness of the App. Settled upon: releasing a small number of ZX Spectrum games every other month, more frequently if possible, as stand-alone Apps, (as well as making them available as in-App purchases).
- Published (in full at www.elite-systems.co.uk) and in part here, the list of games currently included, or currently included as in-app purchases, in ZX Spectrum: Elite Collection, that is:
Alternative Collection Vol. #1 - in-app purchase,
- featuring SKOOL DAZE
Alternative Collection Vol. #2 - in-app purchase,
- featuring BACK TO SKOOL
Audiogenic Collection - in-app purchase,
- featuring EMLYN HUGHES INT. SOCCER
Cascade Collection - in-app purchase,
- featuring ACE
Cronosoft Collection Vol. #1 - in-app purchase,
- featuring 'various'
Cronosoft Collection Vol. #2 - in-app purchase,
- featuring 'various'
Data East Collection - in-app purchase,
- featuring MIDNIGHT RESISTANCE
Elite Collection Vol. #1 - included,
- featuring, CHUCKIE EGG
Elite Collection Vol. #2 - included,
- featuring ROLLER COASTER
First Star Software - in-app purchase,
- featuring BOULDER DASH II
Gremlin Collection Vol. #1 - in-app purchase,
- featuring MONTY ON THE RUN
Gremlin Collection Vol. #2 - in-app purchase,
- featuring JACK THE NIPPER
Hewson Collection Vol.1 - in-app purchase,
- featuring CYBERNOID
Hewson Collection Vol.2 - in-app purchase,
- featuring CYBERNOID II
Julian Gollop Collection - in-app purchase,
- featuring CHAOS
Microgen Collection - in-app purchase,
- featuring EVERONES A WALLY
New Generation Software Collection - in-app purchase,
- featuring TRASHMAN
Nexus Collection - in-app purchase,
- featuring MICRONAUGHT ONE
Odin Collection - in-app purchase,
- featuring NODES OF YESOD
Palace Software Collection Vol. #1 - in-app purchase,
- featuring BARBARIAN: THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR
Palace Software Collection Vol. #2 - in-app purchase,
- featuring BARBARIAN II
Software Projects Collection Vol. #1 - in-app purchase,
- featuring MANIC MINER
Software Projects Collection Vol. #2 - in-app purchase,
- featuring JET SET WILLY
Steve Crow Collection - in-app purchase,
- featuring STARQUAKE
Vortex Collection Vol. #1 - in-app purchase,
- featuring TLL
Vortex Collection Vol. #2 in-app purchase,
- featuring CYCLONE

What Were Doing Next:
- continuing to work toward the achievement of our ambitious goals.
10-03-2010, 03:15 AM
Ah, another ZX emulator for my collection. Purchased.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

10-03-2010, 03:20 AM
Interesting. ZX Nostalgia has also returned, sort of.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
10-03-2010, 03:36 AM
haha yep, another emulator to add to the ever growing pile but i hope this becomes the definative one!

some interesting info in the foreword section of the app, brings back the memory of great software houses. i was even a little suprised to see elite still running tbh, it has a place in history for me personally as airwolf ended up being the first computer game i ever purchased would like to see that included for old times sake!

what it boils down to is games and controls. game wise we are thin on content, however the 6 games are true classics and elite have promised 3 free updates with a bunch of games each plus securing the rights to 2 other 'major' software houses befiore eventually adding an in app store which would be totally fine by me.

the presentation is nice, rough a little but still gives a nice oldskool feel and a bit of instruction and history on each game.

control wise im a little concerned tho. i can see why they used a keyboard overlay as it the most intuative to use whilst many games required specific keys. however, you simply have to include a digital joystick as thats how many will remember playing their games. im a bit all fingers and thumbs with these controls but they are quite responsive and if you persevere you can muddle thru certain games, harrier attack is just fine like this. turbo esprit is a nightmare however.

work hard on giving us cool controls. the ones in zx nostalgia were actually pretty good, just needed some adjustments, and throw us some cool games like scuba dive, chaos and airwolf and this could occupy many a gamers hour!

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
10-03-2010, 05:01 AM
Another one???

Right now I have 3 of them.. but none of them is good
10-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Which one is the 3rd? I can only see 2 on this forum.
10-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchChatterbox View Post
Which one is the 3rd? I can only see 2 on this forum.
The first one that came out got pulled
10-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad In The Hole View Post
YouTube: video

YouTube: video
That seriously just looks awful. And what redeeming features there may be, are utterly obliterated by the controls.
10-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
Interesting. ZX Nostalgia has also returned, sort of.

Interesting... I have ZX nostalgia, which was pulled out of iTunes. This one is called ZX nostalgia too, but is different. It has different games and is not the one I own. Looks like they terminated the first one and came back with a different collection of games without updating the former app.