★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Will they ever release a MMO fts or tps?

03-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Will they ever release a MMO fts or tps?

Do you think someone will ever release a MMO fps or tps for the iphone/ipod?
and How well do you think a game like that would do?

Say like a socom stlye(team based) or even like a goldeneye...Watchmen got me thinking that it could be possible on the iphone and i think that games like that would do really well, if pulled of right... if anybody knows of a game like that in dev. let me know so i could check it out.

Last edited by ThRaShEr; 03-11-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: mis spell, sorry for mess up in the title(ipod typing) it wont let me edit it
03-11-2009, 10:56 PM
More like some halo!

But Idk of any in dev. but I hope so....

Twitter: @Zincous

03-11-2009, 10:57 PM
I would love to see a mmo of sorts, those korean mmo's which just require you to click a foe, beat it up and find another to grind would work :P Ragnarok for example.

3D modelling, design and sequential artist / GameCenter ID: Diab
03-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Anything open-world is cool. Maybe an open-world racing game - like NFS World Online

PS Let's see a good MMO that doesn't have the word 'Aurora' in it and doesn't have server connection problems (Watchmen, hint hint)..., then we'll talk.

First game in progress...
03-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
More like some halo!

But Idk of any in dev. but I hope so....

Exactlly like that...I think once they release a really good MMO for the iPhone it will be the final nail in the coffin for the portable gaming world.
03-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Rogue Touch graphics + MMO + Tons of Content

Keep the graphics nice and simple but the gameplay solid. The one thing, as an ex wow player, that would make the game amazing is a changing character model. Even if its just a pixelated guy, having clothing and armor that changes with what you are wearing gives you a character to show off. Maybe not as expansive as an MMO but if done like diabloII on battlenet (game rooms, optional passwords, friends lists, limited players per room, ability to be a "hostile player".

Sorry if that wasn't on topic but something like that would amazing on a hand held

Last edited by Spek; 03-11-2009 at 11:50 PM.
03-12-2009, 12:02 AM
I think theyre will definitely be a lot more MMO games in the future of the iPhone. It's definitely been proved possible. You just need some great devs to make a good one... and a good and stable connection. XD I have a lot of problems with that part.

And @spamboy I agree that anything open-world that has a free roaming no-goal kind of game mode would be fantastic. I think that that kind of game mode added to a game that does have a story-line but will also let you just mess around when you want to makes a game amazingly better and have tons more replay value!

Apps iLove: iBooks, Podcasts, Tweetbot, Reeder, Instapaper, SoundHound, MLS Live
Games iLove: Real Racing 2, Minecraft, Fieldrunners 2, Great Big War Game, FIFA 12
GameCenter: PeterM11
03-12-2009, 03:12 AM
That's something I am really missing on my Iphone ... a typical and easy MMO.
Like Diablohead said ... Ragnarok for example would be really great AND possible.