★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Help Choose a New Icon For "Charmed"!

View Poll Results: Which icon do you think is best for Charmed?
Icon 1: Snowflake with Horizontal Linear Gradient 2 13.33%
Icon 2: Snowflake with Angled Gradient 0 0%
Icon 3: Clover with Angled Gradient 3 20.00%
Icon 4: Clover with Horizontal Linear Gradient 3 20.00%
Keep the existing icon please! 5 33.33%
None of the above! 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll
10-04-2010, 01:46 AM
Send a message via MSN to MindJuice Send a message via Skype™ to MindJuice
Help Choose a New Icon For "Charmed"!

Hi folks,

Would really appreciate your help and feedback in selecting a new icon for Charmed.

I have found that many people confuse the game with a card game due to the use of the four charms that correspond to card suits in the icon.

In addition, many players take a long time to discover that one of the main gameplay mechanics involves rotation (some never discover it). I think putting a hint regarding rotation in the icon could help that, although we also plan to add a simple tutorial soon too.

The other major game mechanic is Freeze Time, so I though perhaps putting something related to that in the icon would be good too.

Please take a look at the icons in the image below and vote for the one you like the best.

Also, if you have any additional ideas for the icon that would be great feedback!

Last edited by MindJuice; 10-04-2010 at 01:49 AM.
10-04-2010, 02:06 AM
How about just the clover? I found out rotation mechanic by accident. A tutorial will help for newbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude

10-04-2010, 02:22 AM
even icon 4 will lead to a card games conclusion, no?

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
10-04-2010, 02:31 AM
I love the current icon. And when I accidentally discovered the rotation and freeze time, I was even happier to play the game!

Please keep same. Perhaps just a brief tutorial in game or in the game description

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.
10-04-2010, 02:43 AM
#3 or #4 but have the clover ghosted behind the main one in various stages of rotation
10-04-2010, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchChatterbox View Post
#3 or #4 but have the clover ghosted behind the main one in various stages of rotation
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried that earlier tonight, but due to the rounded shape of the clover it looked rather strange.

The effect looked a bit better with the star, but I wanted to avoid the pink star on the purple background.
10-04-2010, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
even icon 4 will lead to a card games conclusion, no?
Well, it is green rather than black, but it is still a possibility that people could mistake it for a card game.

Another option would be to replace maybe two of the charms in the current icon with non-suit charms.

For example, replace the heart with the star and the spade with the fleur-de-lys or the snowflake.
10-04-2010, 04:35 AM
How about just the clover? I found out rotation mechanic by accident. A tutorial will help for newbies. I love the current icon. And when I accidentally discovered the rotation and freeze time, I was even happier to play the game!

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried that earlier tonight, but due to the rounded shape of the clover it looked rather strange.

The effect looked a bit better with the star, but I wanted to avoid the pink star on the purple background.
10-04-2010, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tong298 View Post
How about just the clover? I found out rotation mechanic by accident. A tutorial will help for newbies. I love the current icon. And when I accidentally discovered the rotation and freeze time, I was even happier to play the game!

Do you just go around repeating what people say?

Please don't repeat this - that would be childish!

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.
10-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Keep the same icon, but take off the OpenFeint logo.

Wishlist: League of Evil, The Blocks Cometh
Giftanapp: a haven of gifting for all who love apps