★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Witness the perilous journey of Lt. Jones as he descends deeper and deeper into the Triangulation compound trying to uncover the horrifying truth. Take advantage of your unique offensive and defensive arsenal to dispose of the ghastly creatures that block your path to revelation.

Compete for ultimate recognition throughout the globe as you annihilate the undead creatures that advance wave, after wave. Achieve Top Global Score and enter your name in the Core of Evil Hall of Fame and in Apples Game Center.

Core of Evil features an innovative control system, an RPG-like arsenal upgrade system and lots of adrenaline pumping action, wrapped in a veil of twisted horror.

Disclaimer: No zombies were harmed during the making of Core of Evil.

Game Features:

- Innovative control system that utilizes the accelerometer for aiming.
- 22 ingeniously crafted levels of pure shootem up delight.
- 14 types of zombies to encounter with different abilities.
- Countless paths to upgrade your arsenal.
- Real time 3rd person mind-blowing action.
- One of a kind music layout by the POEM band (feat. The Great Secret Show).
- Storyboard cutscenes based on a horror scenario.
- Utilization of Apples Game Center!
- Local High Scores (Top 5)
- Global Leaderboard
- 17 Achievements

STAY TUNED: http://www.coreofevil.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

10-05-2010, 12:08 AM
So I got this.
It runs surprisingly smooth and I feel like I'm having a stupid amount of fun with it.

It has a story, with storyboards between rounds of fighting. So far I've seen 3 types of zombies and done normal slay the zombie missions with one mission where I was on a jeep (no control of the jeep) but I was still shooting while we drove to our destination. I think I'm on the 9th round? I am in chapter 2.. Not sure how long it is yet.

You can upgrade your guys armor, gun, amomo and grenade.. Seems like an interesting little game. We'll see how it pans out.

Ipad 2 64gb, Ipod Touch 4 32gb. Avid gamer.
Too many favorites to list!
Agon/Open Feint/Gameloft/Plus+/Crystal/Game Center/XboxLive: "Zallman"
10-05-2010, 01:05 AM
Ok so I just played it for about 30 minutes.
It's smooth as hell and a lot of fun..
BUT, no high scores? No leaderboards, no achievements or anything like that.

Without a way to track your scores against other people, let alone tracking your OWN scores, I don't see myself getting much more into this. =(

Ipad 2 64gb, Ipod Touch 4 32gb. Avid gamer.
Too many favorites to list!
Agon/Open Feint/Gameloft/Plus+/Crystal/Game Center/XboxLive: "Zallman"
10-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Dear Zallman,

I am the developer of the core of evil application. I want to thank you for your perceptive review and the constructive criticism. This is the first game I develop so your feedback really helped me decide on what should the improvements be on the first update. Im currently working on the high score and leaderboard features and I was thinking of using the game center api. If you have any suggestion or advice on this matter it would be more than welcome. Thank you for downloading and playing my game and Im looking forward to your next review after the release of the update.

Kind regards,
Konstantinos Tsantinis

P.S. You can find the new CoE promo video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3f7FKXKj2w
Thanks again.

DRS Innovations presents the Core of Evil game.
10-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Well this looks cool...

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.