★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Playbot
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: It's hugely playable, instantly fun and very addictive!

Poor old Luigi.. Eggsville's famous annual Omelette Eating Competition is only two hours away and raccoons have stolen all his ingredients! Will you be able to help him gather enough eggs to save the day? Or will our hero end up with egg on his face..?!

Gameplay:
Keep gathering freshly-laid eggs as the gameplay becomes more and more frantic. Careful not to drop them.. lose all your lives and it's over for our hero! Catch golden eggs to unlock bonus rounds where the pace gets even more insane but there's huge scores and extra lives to be earned. You won't lose a life if you don't catch a golden egg, but your progress towards the next round, and ever bigger scores will be slower..

Post your score to your facebook wall and compete with your friends. You're guaranteed to have stiff competition in no time..

Combo Points:
Push your score even higher by building combo points - there's bonus points at 10, 50 and an extra life at 100! Drop just one egg and you'll have to starting building combos all over again..

Controls:
It couldn't be simpler: Hold the iPhone or iPod Touch in both hands and use your thumps to tap the screen where you want luigi to hold his frying pan.

Player Feedback:
+ "This is my favorite game! I'm going to get to 100 Million!" - Ellie, 11 yrs old
+ "I get so into it my heart skips a beat when I drop an egg!" - Martin, 37
+ "It's really FUN!" - Ben, 13 yrs old

Features:
+ Finely tuned difficulty and level progression to suit every gamer.
+ Beautiful, bright graphics and fun sounds
+ iPhone 4 and Retina display ready
+ Instant '1-click' playability
+ High score table
+ Post your scores to facebook

luigi.maroni's comments:
I'm the developer of 'Eggs'. It's a small project put together be me and a buddy from work. It's very simple but we're pretty pleased with the end result; it's surprisingly addictive and involving if you choose the right difficulty for your skill level.
Perhaps give it a try and if you think it's worth the couple of bucks, recommend it to your friends?
Got another game coming out soon too..

http://www.playbotgames.com

10-05-2010, 04:01 AM
I've seen this game done so many times now. In fact I've just looked and found at least 7 other versions without even looking properly .

Last edited by Howlingwolf; 10-05-2010 at 04:06 AM.
10-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
I've seen this game done so many times now. In fact I've just looked and found at least 7 other versions without even looking properly .
You are the App Store veteran though Glenn! ;D

Invaders Must Die.
10-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
You are the App Store veteran though Glenn! ;D
Lol this is true
10-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Hey yes it's true. It's funny though - originality doesn't seem to be much of a necessary criteria for fun or popularity. Take a look at the top 200 and look for what they have in common. If you find anything then LET ME KNOW!! lol
10-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi.maroni View Post
Hey yes it's true. It's funny though - originality doesn't seem to be much of a necessary criteria for fun or popularity. Take a look at the top 200 and look for what they have in common. If you find anything then LET ME KNOW!! lol
Agreed but they all add something different in some way these games just change the graphics . Gameplay is exactly the same and to be fair the original wasnt any fun in the first place thats why none of the clones are in the top 200 does that tell you something. Anyway good luck with sales and i hope for you im proved wrong .