★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Complaints about pricing...

03-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Complaints about pricing...

I don't know what to say, but after reading the Topple 2 thread, it currently has 5 pages, and 2 posts about the actual game. Every other post is that it's too expensive.
This doesn't help anyone who wants to read/learn anything about the game.

I know everyone wants everything for as cheap as possible, I do to, but there comes a point when an entire thread is based around the high price, it basically offers nothing for someone like myself trying to make an educated decision surrounding the gameplay and to read user-feedback.

So, I guess I'm asking to have a discussion surrounding complaints about pricing.....
Any thoughts?
03-12-2009, 08:22 AM
And three dollars isn't high, people are just cheap. I'm sick of it to. And it's not like ngmoco gonna drop it just for us. It's pointless and annoying. Maybe a new rule restricting it. Or maybe make a complaining forum.

03-12-2009, 08:30 AM
I think it is fair enough to say something is too expensive.. but.. it ends up with lots of "Yeah, me too" posts which are just clutter. And then the 99c people jump in and because they can't ask for promo codes they insist it is too expensive in the hope the dev will fall for it.

Lots of unwelcome noise that no-one at all benefits from.

And for the publishers / developers be sure everything is ready so when it does appear we have screenshots, demo videos, gameplay hints. That will show what the price gets you better than most other things.
03-12-2009, 08:59 AM
I agree... but I don't think we can ban pricing complaints.

The best alternative is maybe to post a thread maybe for "reviews only"? And ban price discussion from that thread alone?

03-12-2009, 09:15 AM
I hear you folks.
And it's a fine line, and yes, of course we can complain that it's expensive and maybe even that something is not worth the asking price.

Personally, I find it more constructive to read in a thread from someone who has played the game and says "It may not be worth $2.99 for x reason, but $1.99 for sure", rather than 30 posts of "what? It's not $.99? I'll wait for a price drop".
Again, I like everyone else want the cheapest price, but am just wondering at what point the thread becomes a discussion about price and/or when it becomes clutter/spam.

I like your idea arn in terms of a separate thread to discuss pricing, as I don't have any better suggestions.
Of course, it brings us back to the issue of having everything related to 1 game in the same thread.....

I dunno, maybe it's just that 1 particular thread that has struck a nerve, and it's not really a big issue in the grand scheme of things....
03-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Arn great idea on that one, implement it.

$2.99 is not expensive at all, I hate those whiny bastards.
03-12-2009, 11:59 AM
@arn - sounds like it's worth a try.
03-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Do not complain

It's really stupid to complain, the price is as it is.
Review only thread would be a great idea!

2010. Games. To buy!
03-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Well if something is $10 and = complete BS then yes I think a simple post saying it would be enough. But I don't like a ton of pages worth of just people complaining about the price. I say ban it from the threads. If someone has a complain on the price go email or send a PM here to the dev.

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
03-12-2009, 03:40 PM
I can see why with Topple 2 though because, some of us paid for the orginal Topple before it went free, and now its just a demo for this new version.