★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Looking for a good SRPG until FFT is released.

10-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Looking for a good SRPG until FFT is released.

Anyone know of any good strategy/RPG's? I'm really looking for one where you can replay levels, can change equipment, and is like FFT/Disgaea. I already have Wesnoth, Eustrath, Highborn, Palm Heroes, Shining Force, and Rebirth of Fortune.
10-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Looks like you'll be waiting for FFT like me. Nothing else really to recommend based off what your looking for...

Game Center: Diligence
10-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
Looks like you'll be waiting for FFT like me. Nothing else really to recommend based off what your looking for...
Yep -- that's about it. Rogue Planet might fit the bill, but it's more of a strategy game than an SRPG. There's also Transformers, but it seemed pretty darn simplistic to me when I tried the lite.

If you have a PSP, you could pick up Jean D'Arc -- used copies go for $10 and it's really great (not surprising, since it's made by Level V). I would love to see a version come to iOS.
10-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Song Summoner is pretty good, though the (lack of a) leveling system is not too great.
10-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecowgoesmoo View Post
Song Summoner is pretty good, though the (lack of a) leveling system is not too great.
Unfortunately I found the process of creating your heroes in Song Summoner simply irritating and no fun at all.
10-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Yeah I have Rogue Planet also but that is really a TBS game. I'm looking for something more RPG but with grid based movement.