★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Doodle Fit - Top 5 paid iPad game - feature requests thread

10-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Doodle Fit - Top 5 paid iPad game - feature requests thread

This is the official Doodle Fit (current Top 5 paid iPad game - US App Store) feature requests thread.

Let us know here what you would like us to improve for the future updates.

The most requested feature so far is a hint mode, and yes it's coming!
10-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamelion_Sebastian View Post
This is the official Doodle Fit (current Top 5 paid iPad game - US App Store) feature requests thread.

Let us know here what you would like us to improve for the future updates.

The most requested feature so far is a hint mode, and yes it's coming!
the game is definitely a gem. The entire game is extremely polished and smooth. Everything from the icon to the UI to the levels themselves are clean, crisp and a joy to look at. There is really so much I could rave about. All the little things that make the game so professional (Multiple profiles, Multiple solutions, Stats, Multitasking, Multiple themes). I can tell you spent a butt-load of time on this. Really, I could go on. But I know you already know what you did right. Though my critical points are so insignificant, I'm sure you're interested. I've only gotten to the second pack so far.

1. The second pack should be in alphabetical order... just for aesthetic purposes. Im guessing you put it in the jumbled order because it is in increasing difficulty (?). But I would rather have seen it in alphabetical order.

2. Maybe you can use the times of the player for another use? Possible a high score using the timers? Even utilize online scores and leaderboards?

3. A hint system! Sometimes I am so flabbergasted I just want to throw my phone at a wall. ahahahaha.
This would be of great use. Have you checked out the game Slice It! by Com2Us? They have a great hint system where you are awarded hint for doing things special. I was thinking maybe you can award a hint point everytime someone finds and additional solution in a puzzle. This would be more of an incentive to find the extra solutions. The hints could simply place one piece on the board when a player uses a hint point.

4. More of a verification whether a player has found all of the solutions in a puzzle. The only way for me to find out if I have found all the solutions is to scroll through the puzzles individually. Maybe where the check mark is located, replace it with a gold star or something to mark that all solutions have been found.

Once again, all of these points are so incredibly insignificant, but can bring this game to greater heights. I havent seen such a polished game since Blocked came to the appstore. People love these simple puzzle game (angry birds, tetris, flight control, geared, blocked) So many have reached the top of the charts. This is definitely the most polished an well-rounded of them all. No doubt. And Im not just saying this. hahaha. Im sure apple will recognize it and put it somewhere whether it be new and noteworthy or staff picks or whatever. People love online interactive things such as leaderboards and multiplayer and such. Leaderboards is a must to secure top rankings. You have a great game here.
10-06-2010, 02:38 PM
We are almost done with the implementation of the hint mode and hope to submit the update within days to Apple.