★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bass Fishing Mania Release!!!

03-12-2009, 08:46 AM
Bass Fishing Mania Release!!!

[App Store Link, $1.99]

Hi Guys & Girls,

My name is Rob, and I work at Player One Sports. We are a developer/publisher in Mobile/iPhone/Brew games, and our new strategy is to communicate more with the people who pay our wages...YOU THE CUSTOMER.

I will be about to answer queries and questions, but also to give you up to the date information about our games.

So, my first post is to let you all know about Bass Fishing Mania that has just gone live.

This is following on from our successful J2ME mobile phone version (8/10 Silver Award From pocketgamer). The game continues to immerse the players in an exciting world of Bass Fishing, with a beautifully rendered environment. To win competitions you will need to upgrade your tackle in 'Billy Bobs' shack, buying items such as lures, rods, bait, fish radar...lots and lots to buy.

Anyway give it a good play, and be fair. I believe this to be better than Flick Fishing, but I know how good the original J2ME was. For 1.19, it is worth a try.

If you have any queries or questions, post them here and I will help.

Please be productive, and I will be as productive and proactive as possible.

Look forward to a great relationship with you, the customer!!!

Cheers Guys and Girls

Cell phone version:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Bass Fishing Mania immerses players into the exciting world of Bass fishing. Test your fishing skills, fighting big bass in a beautifully rendered environment. To win the competition you’ll need all the latest equipment so head over to Billy Bob’s tackle shop and spend that prize money on lures, fishing rods and more. You may even get some handy tips from the champ himself!

-Cast your line and get ready for a real challenge as you fight to reel in a big catch!

-Use prize money to upgrade your tackle box and aim to become King of the Lake in the ultimate fishing competition.

-Numerous types of bait and tackle including radar, to help you find the biggest fish on the lake.

Last edited by salsamd; 03-12-2009 at 03:46 PM.
03-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Link?wait I don't think I understand.

03-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Please try and avoid words like "proactive" they make my teeth hurt !
03-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Ok, no more 'pr******e' words (or similar) will be used
03-12-2009, 08:57 AM
03-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Some one beat me to the link, cheers though!

At the moment, no plans. But this is a fast moving market, and if we get a good response for this version, then we may go forward.

Would like to know your thoughts on the game once you get it anyway, all feedback (good or bad) is good, as long as it is fair
03-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Send a message via AIM to JTHM87
Since I'm at work (and thus unable to really check anything out on the iTunes store etc.) I figured I'd ask some questions here.

Something I either haven't discovered or is missing from Flick Fishing (IMO) is the ability to save your biggest fish, be it in the tackle box or in some sort of fish tank. Is something like this encorporated in Bass Fishing Mania?

What are some of the features that you all are most proud of? I see that there are lots of upgrades to buy, which is wonderful, but what else is there?
03-12-2009, 09:45 AM
hey PlayerOne, welcome to the TA forums! Your game looks pretty f'n sweet! Can you travel around in the boat and search around lakes for the best spots? Or does the game just plop you down in the water somewhere? I like to nose around the lake.

Do you guys have plans to bring any other games to the iPhone? The whole sports arena is really lacking compared to other genres on the App Store.
03-12-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm a big fishing game fan, and I'd really like something a tad more realistic than Flick Fishing. Does it deliver on that front?

Does anyone have a video they can upload of this game?
03-12-2009, 09:48 AM
In fact has anyone tried it ? (appart from the developer of course)