App description: *** FREE - with no In-App Purchases or Adverts, enjoy the game ***

PRESS QUOTES:

Its pixelated style and bright vivid colour really gives the game its own polished style reminiscent of the retro Japanese puzzle games.
AppTrawler

It's not until you open up this game that you notice how much personality it has.
Slide to Play

This looks like a developer that has a consistent standard for making great, simple and fun games. We can't wait to see what they have coming up.
we play iPhone

Wonderful pixel art style graphics with subtle but very effective animations and although quite similar to Bejeweled it nevertheless feels like a new experience.
CreativeApplications.net

It's a solid game that should please any fan of the format well.
macnotes.de

DESCRIPTION:

Your task is simple swap adjacent Piyo Blocks to match 3 or more of the same kind to capture them. To level up you will need to capture a target number of each kind of Piyo.

The real skill comes into play when creating combos, which multiplies your score for capturing the Piyos. The bigger the combo you create, the greater score youll get!

3 GAME MODES:
PIYO MODE capture the target number of Piyos to level up
HYAKU MODE capture 99 or more of any Piyos to level up
TIME ATTACK you have 4 minutes to capture as many Piyos as you can

FEATURES INCLUDE:
High Score tables for each of the 3 game modes
iPod library access - play your own music in-game
Hundreds of levels
Hidden cheats to discover
Worldwide and personal high scores
Over 25 different achievements to unlock
Secret achievements to discover

------------------------------------
FOLLOW US
Facebook: facebook.com/BigPixelStudios
Twitter: @BigPixelStudios
------------------------------------

skyye06's comments:

lite
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=331301773&mt=8
10-13-2009, 04:18 PM
I was a big tetris freak on the game boy so I'm loving this game. Just one thing though, would it be possible to include a home button pause feature in the next update?

10-14-2009, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooger View Post
Just one thing though, would it be possible to include a home button pause feature in the next update?
We're planning to add a save game feature. We've also got a number of other features we'd like to add to the game, and we'll be holding a vote on our blog shortly to give you a chance to vote for what you'd like to see in the game.

Cheers
The Big PixelTeam
10-14-2009, 07:41 AM
From the first impression this plays like Zoo Keeper (for the DS) and I totally loved that game. So I'm really looking forward to have a closer look at the game this evening, when I get home from work (thanks again for the promo code ).
10-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Nice one.
I've been playing this all morning in Hyaku mode, are there any plans for openfeint integration?
10-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooger View Post
Nice one.
I've been playing this all morning in Hyaku mode, are there any plans for openfeint integration?
We've got plans for integrating some kind of social network/online achievements into Piyo Blocks, but haven't decided which platform is most suited yet (Open Feint, Plus+, Facebook Connect, Scoreloop). We may well include this in our user vote on our blog soon.

You may want to follow our twitter page to keep up to date with what we are planning, and to take part in any user polls.

Cheers
10-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Damn I missed out on the promo codes!

Had a try of the lite version and was hooked. I like the ipod intergration with the full version. It helps to have your own music on and I can see my self playing this for some long sessions!

Good work, looking forward to updates. open feint would be cool.

PS I think I found a cheat, keep killing those birds in the menu!
10-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by db82 View Post
I think I found a cheat, keep killing those birds in the menu!
You're not killing the birds, you're just putting them to sleep
10-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pixel View Post
You're not killing the birds, you're just putting them to sleep
Mr. Praline: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Owner: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

Mr. Praline: Look, matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
10-14-2009, 04:24 PM
I just finished my review for the app store:
Quote:
If you're interested in this game, then try the lite version. The gameplay of all modes is the same.

The visuals and controls of the game are really good. You can clearly distinguish the different blocks and they are big enough, so you don't have problems hitting the right one. I also didn't experience any lags or crashes.

The problem is that the game lacks challenge and variety. I just played one game in Piyo mode for about an hour without ever getting close to the time limit. I then just stopped doing anything, because it got tiring. If you don't want to play endlessly you are limited to the Time Attack mode. Also, as I already mentioned, the gameplay is the same in all three modes and there aren't any special blocks or changes in the number of different blocks.

However, these are all problems that could be improved with an update. So this is a solid base to build a great game on.
Additional comments:
- The cheeping sound the "piyos" make when you touch them is rather annoying. Rest of the game's sounds are fine, however.
- My wish for the next update: please increase the difficulty by decreasing the available time or making it harder to score combos.