★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nordcurrent
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 15.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Welcome to Jewel Keepers: Easter Island an addictive match-three arcade action game with mind-blowing visuals and engaging storyline! This game will keep you entertained for hours, as you travel across Easter Island and help to unveil its mysteries.

More fun from Nordcurrent:
- 101-in-1 Games a collection of 101 games in one app. Frequent chart topper in USA, UK, Australia, and many other countries!
- Urbanix an enhanced version of Xonix and Qix, with new modes of play, new worlds and enemies!
- Robin Hood: Return of Richard help Robin to defeat the villains and restore peace in this action game!

Subscribe to www.youtube.com/Nordcurrent for new videos and trailers!
Join us at www.facebook.com/Nordcurrent to participate in our competitions, win prizes and have fun!

Vovin's comments:

Looks a bit like Treasures of Montezuma.

To buy or not to buy?
10-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Official Trailer:

10-06-2010, 09:45 AM
iPad Version Coming?

Any chance there is an iPad version coming?

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!
10-06-2010, 11:59 AM
It seems good, control is slightly slow (although I haven't revolted since installing). It has a few different powerups, and good graphics both in the storyline and on the game boards.
10-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Game Impressions

This is actually a fairly average, bog standard Match-3. Or at least it would be, were it not for the ridiculous, misguided, and infuriating mechanic that makes you "lose the game" each time there are no matches left instead of simply reshuffling the board. So far this has occurred in each of my three attempts at getting through the first level and basically I am "done."

If they ever decide to add in a board reshuffle AND lower the price AND you already own most other Match-3 games and still can't get enough, this might be worth a look. As it is now, just keep well clear.
10-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Game Impressions

Aargh. I completely agree with Gabrien! Frustrating game. It looked like it was going to be great. It isn't. It is very average. The matching is definitely a bit slow, and the lack of a reshuffle is just wrong.

It looks great, it has some story to it, and it drew me in until I started to play it. It MAY be great in the future, but right now the correct price point is 99 cents (IMHO).

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!
10-06-2010, 04:27 PM
I just hit the same and have to reverse my opinion of the game as well.