Should all New Games Have Game Center

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by olliewollie, Oct 7, 2010.

1. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Fine, Some games may be an exception as it just wouldn't make any sense but most games can easily adapt it.
    Most people who use game center are loving it, I know that I am.

Should most New games adapt it?

I think they should. It's a great way to market your game.
    Allot of Game Center players on this forum keep up to date with the lists that I, Triggy and Morbus do, right?
    Well this is were the market is heading. Game's should include Game Center. It's encourages competitions against friends, making normally boring games fun.

Like a asked before, Should most New games adapt it? What do you think?

2. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Apparently they do. I see lots of 1 star reviews in iTunes because a game lacks Game Center. I could care less if a game has Game Center. I used to love OpenFeint until Plus+ got their act together and I think every game should have Plus+!!! EOS!

3. doll

doll New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Think XBOX LIVE for an iDevice.
    It lets you connect with friends and game with them.
    Lots of games have compatibility.
    If you have an iTunes/app store account, you also have a game center account :)

4. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Not exactly true, You have to open game center before you have an account for it.

5. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    Game center/other social network things are a good way to keep track of games you once owned but deleted. And it would be good to have one centtralised platform. The thing i like most about game center over others though is that it signs you in automatically without asking 'do you want to enable openfeint' etc and waiting for it to load then closing it before you play the new game for the first time.

6. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Was talking with triggy about that earlier, it's easier. I think games should follow what fruit ninja did (Allowing both Social networks). I can't wait until the next ios update (4.1.1). Should bring in some new GC features :)

7. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    Yeah forgot FN has 2. So does dead runner.