★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Reviews Getting Tagged

03-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Reviews Getting Tagged

I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but it appears that iTunes is tagging reviews with the version that they were written under. This is a nice "new" feature that should make devs and customers happy.
03-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenk Studios View Post
I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but it appears that iTunes is tagging reviews with the version that they were written under. This is a nice "new" feature that should make devs and customers happy.
I never noticed that. I was hoping that they would do it! Apple is cool, but it sometimes takes them awhile to catch on.

03-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Yeah this is new as of today! and very cool from a developers standpoint

| Jon Wheat | BitCaper |Twitter
Games: Block Knights, S.C.U.D.
See what people are saying about Block Knights here, here, here and here
Check out our development podcast for S.C.U.D.
03-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Yep- excellent news. Looks like they've been listening.
03-12-2009, 12:27 PM
You can also give only a star rating without a review from iTunes.
03-12-2009, 04:45 PM
I predict some developers w/poorer reviews will now ship worthless upgrades just to reset their review average. In this version: "Now with more cowbell!"

And I wonder if some good developers will now hold out riskier upgrades afraid to ruin a good average. And I wonder if some developers will now roll out an ELITE, PRO PLUS or v2 if they make a significant change to a well-reviewed product.
03-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4l3 View Post
I predict some developers w/poorer reviews will now ship worthless upgrades just to reset their review average. In this version: "Now with more cowbell!"

And I wonder if some good developers will now hold out riskier upgrades afraid to ruin a good average. And I wonder if some developers will now roll out an ELITE, PRO PLUS or v2 if they make a significant change to a well-reviewed product.
While the new ranking has it's down points like that I think it's still better then the old, hopefully if someone was to send an update to reset their rating they would receive worse scores from users.

3D modelling, design and sequential artist / GameCenter ID: Diab