★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Sky Babes vs. Fly Boys - New Game

03-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Sky Babes vs. Fly Boys - New Game

Just found this and it looks pretty interesting. I'll play it for a bit and then let you know my first impressions

[App Store Link, $0.99]

Quote:
Take to the skies as an ace delivery pilot and race against rivals to deliver the most cargo across the globe. But beware, competition in this business is fierce.

Tap hundreds of exotic destinations to pickup and deliver packages. Longer routes can earn more cash but burn more fuel, so plan wisely and double up on deliveries when you can! Touch and drag to explore and reveal locations on the beautifully rendered 3D globe.

Running an airline delivery service is expensive, so keep an eye on your bank account. With the cost of fuel ever increasing as you play, it's only a matter of time until either you or your opponents go bankrupt. Outlast the competition and achieve global delivery dominance!

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn

Last edited by salsamd; 03-12-2009 at 03:39 PM.
03-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecebn View Post
Just found this and it looks pretty interesting. I'll play it for a bit and then let you know my first impressions

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307316542&mt=8
Yeah I saw that in appsniper last night so I look forward to your first impressions.

03-12-2009, 11:01 AM
The name sounds so ridiculous but the game looks very polished.

Cant wait for some feedback from this one!
03-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
im not sure about this one.

i think the controls and layout aren't the best they could be. someone TOFTT?

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
im not sure about this one.

i think the controls and layout aren't the best they could be. someone TOFTT?
The original poster said they would play it and then give us first impressions.
03-12-2009, 11:15 AM
well for 99c the pics look very polished
03-12-2009, 11:46 AM
looks cool. it's pitiful that at a buck i need more data... but i need more data

in those screenshots i somehow see 3 pilots and a farmer's daughter - hmmm, just an observation.

Last edited by mmadden2; 03-12-2009 at 11:49 AM.
03-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
well for 99c the pics look very polished
not as polished as the most recent 99 cent games: airport mania, word fu, idracula and the most recent drop, ATC 4.0

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
03-12-2009, 11:55 AM
mmadden2 i can follow you feelings

found this from the developer elsewhere

Quote:
QUOTE - NOT FROM ME

Full disclaimer - I'm pimping a game. May the entity have mercy on my soul.

I work at A.C.R.O.N.Y.M. games, and we've been doing some tentative development against the iPhone. All things considered, it's a really fun platform to work on. Who knows if the money works out in the end, but our team has had a blast putting some stuff together.

Our first game is out today. It's called "Sky Babes vs Fly Boys" (the name used to be worse, I swear.) The gameplay reminds me of ticket to ride, but twitchier, and with a spiffy rotating globe.

If any of you find time to check it out (it's priced at a .99 for the moment), feel free to let me know what you think. Patches and additional features seem inevitable.
END QUOTE
So if i knew ticket to ride i would now know more :P

Last edited by salsamd; 03-12-2009 at 03:41 PM.
03-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Okay - ive played around with the game for awhile and I really like it. For .99 its a very polished game. The goal of the game is to outlast your opponents by making more money (you make money by delivering packages - there is both speed and strategy involved in this element of the game when choosing which packages to deliver and getting there before one of you opponents). Overall, the game is fun and is a bargain at .99. If you can get past the name, you should definately consider picking this one up.

Heres a description from the help menu of the game that explains the gameplay a little better:

You fly your plane to collect cargo by tapping on the marked cities. Each city marker on the map represents a package needing delivery. The value of the package is indicated on the city marker as a multiple of $100 with 5 being the most valuable ($500).

Longer routes are generally - but not always - more valuable

On some levels, the map can be moved by touching and dragging. On later levels you'll need to spin around the world to deliver your cargo.

Running an airline delivery service can be expensive, so watch your bank account closely. An empty account will end the game for that pilot.

As time goes on, the cost of fuel will increase making it harder to stay in business.

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn